The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G Comparable Front Lip Kits

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 195
    sucks its broken.. gotta get neww..dammm..

if anyone wanted to try to get the mugen abs front...I found a site: $80 free shipping

http://www.streetstyler.com/9900CivicMugenLips2DR.htm

I'll post this in the other thread too
    Mayonnaise colored Benz---I push Miracle Whips
    -K. West

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    neel is that the civic lip in those pics or the integra lip?
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

that is a civic lip but .. this lip was an old one.. friend of mine got it a year ago for his civc and did not install it.. now they have a newer version of the lip so.. i think the new one is not as flexible as this one.. any ways.. this one is already broken.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    First page has been updated...if i'm missing any info let me know.
    -Pedro

what did they use to extend it i got a 02 so i ned the civic one but how and what did u use to etend and and whats the diff between the size of a 99 and the size of a 02?

Quote Originally Posted by unlimited6986
    what did they use to extend it i got a 02 so i ned the civic one but how and what did u use to etend and and whats the diff between the size of a 99 and the size of a 02?
    pinoy explains in on his thread, i don't have time to explain it right now, but he used the lip of a stock bumper to extend it.
    -Pedro

hey , but i think the 1999-2000 Integra Mugen Front Lip could fit to 02 G, or not

JDM front covension Old style vr4,18"axis black seven mod,clifford alarm,egr rear window visor,kenwood unit 7"screen DVD,two tones paint job,3G strut bar , HID's.

with some modification...yes.
    -Pedro

<span style='color:red'>MOVED IN FROM ANOTHER THREAD...</span>

Quote Originally Posted by The F.B.I
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalamidad
    Quote Originally Posted by The F.B.I
    would the 98-01 type-r lip require the same mod to fit the 8g i have an 02 and i cant decide from type-r or mugen lip, i was thinkin the type-r since i havent seen anyone with it on there 02...
    no one has done it but you're welcome to try...it's be interesting to see.
    do you know if its the same size as the mugen lenght wise?

i don't know it the mouth will match that of the galant bumper. If it does, being how the mugen lip matches the type R should match too.

Pinoy used a civic lip which is a different bumper and most likely a different length. Since the Integra mugen lip is long enough, i would assume that it's the same case with the Type R. As for the length of the 02 bumper, i'm confident that it would fit. you just have to make sure to screw it down to make sure it's not going anywhere. As many screws as you dare, if you keep the lip black, use black screws so they are not noticeable, if you're gonna color match, it doesn't matter. If i remember correctly, Pinoy was holding his down with Two sided tape and very few screws, if any. I think i remember him saying, "I'll secure it later" and never did.
    -Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by DryBear
    FYI, I was at this tuner shop today and they had a bunch of ABS front lips out - I asked if I could try them out on my car and they obliged. Here are the results - bear in mind that I have an 02-03 bumper and the results may be different for the 99-01 bumper:

Doesn't Fit:
    Civic 92-95
    Civic 96-98
    Civic 01
    Accord 98-00
    <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>Integra 98-01</span>

I did fint one that actually fit pretty well - it was a Mugen Civic 99-00 front lip. The contours matched pretty well along the curves of the bumper, but it came up several inches short on the sides. It does look like it will fit well as long as you extend the sides.
    Pinoy, Did the mouth on the integra lip match? I think that's the most important peice. Because the curvature of the lip itself can be resolved with the heat gun.
    -Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by Kalamidad
    Quote Originally Posted by DryBear
    FYI, I was at this tuner shop today and they had a bunch of ABS front lips out - I asked if I could try them out on my car and they obliged. Here are the results - bear in mind that I have an 02-03 bumper and the results may be different for the 99-01 bumper:

Doesn't Fit:
    Civic 92-95
    Civic 96-98
    Civic 01
    Accord 98-00
    <span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>Integra 98-01</span>

I did fint one that actually fit pretty well - it was a Mugen Civic 99-00 front lip. The contours matched pretty well along the curves of the bumper, but it came up several inches short on the sides. It does look like it will fit well as long as you extend the sides.
    Pinoy, Did the mouth on the integra lip match? I think that's the most important peice. Because the curvature of the lip itself can be resolved with the heat gun.
    If I recall correctly, the mouth part did fit, but the difference was the curvature - the civic pretty much matched the curve of the 02-03 bumper perfectly. The integra lip was a bit off, and more angled. I'm thinking of going back and trying out an integra lip again.

OK, so I went a little ballistic, lol . It's just the same question being asked over again. Just ask me,SillyAsian, Neel9, ChuloMxcn and few others what they've done. We already know that the 99-01 bumper fit well minus the heat trim with the 1999 Mugen Integra lip, so that's final. As for the 02-03 bumper, I think it was Wandering_Pinoy and my previous project were the only ones that somewhat succesful. Here a quote from Pinoy a year ago:
    Doesn't Fit: 2002-2003 Bumper
    Civic 92-95
    Civic 96-98
    Accord 98-00
    Integra 98-01

I did find one that actually fit pretty well - it was a Mugen Civic 99-00 front lip. The contours matched pretty well along the curves of the bumper, but it came up several inches short on the sides. It does look like it will fit well as long as you extend the sides.
    Extend the sides meaning adding more plastic (melted polyurethane) to gap the existing lip. This is not a DIY thing if it's your first time doing. Took me 2 weeks to get it flushed and it looked fine. I think that was the message I was trying to say but got emotional along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot
    OK, so I went a little ballistic, lol . It's just the same question being asked over again. Just ask me,SillyAsian, Neel9, ChuloMxcn and few others what they've done. We already know that the 99-01 bumper fit well minus the heat trim with the 1999 Mugen Integra lip, so that's final. As for the 02-03 bumper, I think it was Wandering_Pinoy and my previous project were the only ones that somewhat succesful. Here a quote from Pinoy a year ago:
    Doesn't Fit: 2002-2003 Bumper
    Civic 92-95
    Civic 96-98
    Accord 98-00
    Integra 98-01

I did find one that actually fit pretty well - it was a Mugen Civic 99-00 front lip. The contours matched pretty well along the curves of the bumper, but it came up several inches short on the sides. It does look like it will fit well as long as you extend the sides.
    Extend the sides meaning adding more plastic (melted polyurethane) to gap the existing lip. This is not a DIY thing if it's your first time doing. Took me 2 weeks to get it flushed and it looked fine. I think that was the message I was trying to say but got emotional along the way.
    well, pete, the reason why i asked Pinoy that question is because if the mouth fits, the curvature can be corrected with the heat gun. Since the integra lip is longer than the civic...the integra might work on the 02-03 bumper. as might all the ones that pinoy say would not fit...it's all about the mouth and the length of the lip, the curvature will be corrected.
    -Pedro

I wish we could experiment but now our option is kind of llimited since Phil no longer use his 03 as a guinea pig and Chad is using my civic lip as an "add on". We gotta find another 02-03 in the area pronto.

It would be cool to have a couple of guys try out different lips other than what's proven to work. Think about the recognition!!!

BTW, updated first post.
    -Pedro

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    can anyone make a list for the 99-01? a list of "does fit"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(o1naturalhigh)</div><div class='quotemain'>can anyone make a list for the 99-01? Â*a list of "does fit"</div>
    not too much info on that, but done.
    -Pedro

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    hey...has anyone asked a person who owns a 99-01 integra/civic what other lips fit their cars?? just a thought.

where can i find 99-01 Integra Type-R lip kit? and will it fit on 2000?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast