The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo 8G 4G64...

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Turbo 8G 4G64...

Who has one I got a couple of questions. Mainly what exhaust manifold did you use and how did you clear the ac?

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    The only exhaust manifold AND Downpipe that clear the A/C are the ones from DDP and AAI. Main problem with using 2nd gen turbo manifold are because they are deisgned like a 7G manifold for the turbo to face the passenger side of the car not the driver side, we cant do it that way due to the A/C being right there. Evo manifolds dont work either due to starter clearance. I have heard some of the 2g manifold will work but only with smaller turbos like T25's and Mitsu 14b's. As soon as you step into the realm of T3/4 you need either an AAI or DDP manifold. I have the AAI stainless tubular manifold, its holding up good, it comes Jet coated so it retains heat very well and it leaves clearance for the starter and A/C. I removed my A/C by choice, but your best bet is to get the Manifold and Downpipe from them to ensure the best fitment.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

The smaller mitsu turbo's still have a problem when using a 2g and 1g mani with clearing the radiator fan...

A 18g has been test fitted on to that 2g exhaust mani and will fit. A down pipw will still have to be custom made. Do you have any pictures of the AAI and DDP set up?

I am thinking a EVO VIII mani and turbo since it sits farther to the right.

So has anyone actuall turbo charged a 4G64 8G other than Brandon?

Hey Jason, if you need to contact AAI for the 4G64 manifold, let me know.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wanderingpinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey Jason, if you need to contact AAI for the 4G64 manifold, let me know.</div>

Yeah let me know.... this is intresting information.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    get a slim line fan and you eliminate that problem and have better cooling, also what your forgeting is you dont need to use the stock Mitsu o2 housing, just get a mitsu 02 flange, and get some mandrel bends and make your own Downpipe, you can have the downpipe off the turbo and put the 02 sensor in the top of the downpipe you dont need a seperate 02 housing.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

thats true RRE sells the flanges for the o2 housing for i think 20 bucks i took out my ac for a couple reasons lol it didnt work first off, it didnt fit and i was trying to make a kit for as cheap as possible while still being realiable. right now im working on some other stuff im getting the electric exhaust cutout so my downpipe is not a big issue
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports