The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4 cyl 8g With Eclipse Prokit

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    TGC Regular

4 cyl 8g With Eclipse Prokit

I'm still trying to decide if I should get the Eclipse Prokit or the Galant Prokit. I know about the weight issue but I wanted to make sure I'm going in the right direction.

Can someone with the Eclipse Prokit on a 4 cyl post a pic. Also I want to see how the Prokit for the Galant look on the 4 cyl.

Right know I'm leaning towards the Kit for the V6 Galant. I want to do it right the first time instead of doing it and not liking the end results and have to redo it.

Thanks

depends on what u wanna do .. more low or what?..

look for a member djscript. on any of his posts they have a link to his homepage. they show what his i4 looks like with the galant's eibach. yea, thats right. i said do a search.

if you are gonna buy the eclipse's pro kit, chances are you're gonna end up buying hte newer pro kit which has a drop of around 1.6 inches. which is about half an inch lower than the galants.

weight shouldn't be that much of an issue. the difference in weight between the galant and the eclipse is not that much. could be a difference between how many people are sitting in the eclipse compared to the galant. but yea, when hte car is empty expect the eclipse springs to sit a tad lower on the galant than it would an eclipse.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    I did look on djscipt's car and that drop is what I'm looking for, but I wanted to make because on his website he said the part number was 6028.140 however on the Eibach website it list the Eclipse part number as 6028.140 and the Galant part number as 6035.140.

I've been trying all morning to look on Eibach website again to see if I had mixed up the numbers but its been f'ning up. I'll try againg later.

Right now I'm riding on stock struts with 17" rim wrapped in 215/45/17 tires and the rear gap is 2" and the front is 4". I will be changing all the struts to KYB-GR2s this weekend .I know these struts will raise my car up a little but will it show since I'm also changing the springs?

But more than likely I will go for the Galant prokit for my I4.

i checked my pro kit and it is 6028 and its made for the galant. you might want to ocntact the guys at eibach to ask about hte part number changes

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by devgrp
    I will be changing all the struts to KYB-GR2s this weekend .I know these struts will raise my car up a little but will it show since I'm also changing the springs?
    The only way you would see your car raise up is if you were changing the stock shocks which are bad or blown and keeping whatever springs are already on there. Getting aftermarket shocks doesn't raise your car, it puts it back at the height it's supposed to be after the car has sagged from bad or blown shocks.