The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: brakes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lootrock)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ken inn)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    depends. Â*axxis ceramics will stop good, but will dust like a mofo. Â*your wheels will be black in just a couple of days. Â*akebono ceramics are oem on a lot of japanese cars. Â*i have them on our mazda and my galant. Â*they take more pressure, but they leave no dust. Â*and i got white wheels, so it really shows. Â*the akebonos are also very rotor friendly.</div>

I just installed the brake pads myself today. My friend showed me how to do them, so I did one side, he did the other. That was so freaking easy, I want to know why Meineke was going to charge me like 100 dollars for something as simple as an oil change.</div>

Its not a 'simple' as an oil change on every car, not to mention many times there is certian things that need to be done to properly install brakes. Nowadays cars with the electric brake systems can be easily messed up if you don't know what you are doing.

Re: brakes

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>my front left brake is making a grinding noise.. Â*my disk in the front left and right have many dirty spots, and back are pefcecly clean. Â*as for my noise, its weird since my front brakes are taking out a lot of dust and dirtying the rims up really quickly! Â*the noise isnt much metal griding but a really akward hard to explain niose.. my dad thought it may be that the bad is stuck onto the actual disk??? Â*anyone ever had a problem like this?? ill take pics of the brakes so you can check them out and see if you can answer better... Â*instead of changing the brakes i wanna do a big brake kit or evo brakes</div>

Does the car pull at all under braking?

alright, update is that my car began grinding MUCH MUCH MUCH worst!! i took the car to my shop, and they corrected the problem by takes disks and pads off, and exchanging the pads, and then taking the sisks, turning them around and cleaning them with that machine that makes em all nice and shiny once again.. now all problems are gone!!! other than that, im chaing my disks to the Brembo Cross Drilled and slotted... my shop is just worried that the I4 brakes are the same as V6..?
    Diego

Quote Originally Posted by galantv600
    alright, update is that my car began grinding MUCH MUCH MUCH worst!! i took the car to my shop, and they corrected the problem by takes disks and pads off, and exchanging the pads, and then taking the sisks, turning them around and cleaning them with that machine that makes em all nice and shiny once again.. now all problems are gone!!! other than that, im chaing my disks to the Brembo Cross Drilled and slotted... my shop is just worried that the I4 brakes are the same as V6..?
    you have a 00 v6 so you need front pads for the 00 v6. eclipse or galant.

the rest can be shared with the rest of the 8g v6's and the i4's equipped with rear disc brakes

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Yeah my rotors have some blips in them, so those bitches need a nice shaving, but I might just wait and get some brembos. Anybody know how much it costs for a shave?

Guys, I am having this problem. I replaced the front rotors last year.

I was going to pickup new ones again 'cause of the increasing vibration when braking. But the guy at the store told me it might be the calipers that are bad (frozen was his term). Anybody knows what this means? How do I check for a bad caliper?

I'm hoping to get this done while installing springs and struts-shocks this weekend, so any help would be much appreciated.

Are you sure its the brakes?? my boy had noise in his front wheels and found out that one of his lugs was fucked... take off wheels and check everything...
    2000 Galant With 20 Inch TeZZen Wheels
    Rapped in Nitto 555 Z Rate 225/35/20 Tires!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350820/

Yeah I have other stuff too but who cares LOL!

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    The guy is telling you that the caliper piston is not going all the way back into the caliper after releasing the break pedal. You can check this by looking at your pads. If the inside pad, the one on the piston is gone and the one on the outside is almost new the caliper is bad. It sounds like your rotors are warped to me.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

do a check on the caliper. compress the piston and then press on the brake pedal. if the piston moves back and forth after doing that, then your caliper is fine...9/10 its gonna be your rotors...factory rotors suck...i got aftermarket ones and havent had a problem since.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12