The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: BEST AGX SETTING?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 33

BEST AGX SETTING?

sup people.. ordered some agx and will be installin them next wekk.. what is teh best setting for agx.. i drive to school and stuf... i like smooth ride but at the same time.. should get a fell like a sports car.. so.. please.. help..

TGC Regular
    by the looks of what i believe pinoyesv6 posted in another thread, setting 1 is just like factory, setting 2 is just like the GR2's, 15% stiffer than factory, then u have setting 3 and 4. if i had AGX's, i would prolly go with either 2 or 3, probably just on personal preference.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i have mine at 8
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

TGC Regular
    hey matt, how come in the other thread, it says u can have it set from 1-4, but underneat that it says u can set it from 1-8 ....?

i keep mine maxed out in the city, and i bring them down to about half for a roadtrip. If i'm touring the backroads, i'll keep the rear at 8 but the front at 3.
    for gods sake be patient man. when you get a set, you'll have plenty time to experament. and you will have a good time doing it. I only put them on their softest setting once, and it felt just like factory; i bought the freakin struts to get away from the factory ride, so i really don't lower than 2 ever because it makes me feel cheap and dirty inside.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

front shocks are 4-way adjustable, rear are 8 way adjustable.
    it has to do with where the adjuster is mounted.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

TGC Regular
    Can someone send me alink where to buy a set of agx's. I need tthe front and rears thanks....

TGC Regular
    hey DOHCSTUNR, how does the car handle when you change just the front setting compared to both?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cardude03)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey matt, how come in the other thread, it says u can have it set from 1-4, but underneat that it says u can set it from 1-8 ....?</div>

the front struts are set to 4 (thats their highest) and the rears are set to 8 (also their highest)
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

i like to keep the back as stiff as possible, i rarely bring down the dampening setting for the back. keeping the rear stiff helps me get off the line quicker because the ass of my car doesn't squat when i launch. It also helps keep the rear end from getting sloppy, and allows me to turn into curves much better, and exit just as well. I could really go on for days on this subject, but i don't know if you would learn anything from it. I've invested enough into my suspension that the car does exactly what i want it to do when i want it. I'm really learning to drive my car all over again since the new powerplant was installed. But to be quite honest, i can drive a f*cking car , but i've never been to a driving school so i couldn't tell you how effective the adjustments i make are because i'm sure i only drive the car at 60% of its potential. I was thinking about going to a proffessional driving school sometime this summer. It would be cool if we could get a group of us together so we can learn to push these galants to the edge.
    sorry if i got off topic.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

setting your shocks and struts is like that fairy tail about lil red riding hood and hte 7 dwarfs. you know, 1 dwarfs soup was too big one was too cold and one of them was just right.

it took me a few days to figure out which setting works best for me and for where.

just put ur car to 1 settting, take it out on the road. set it somewhere else and just keep testing it til you have it exactly where you want it.

i like to use different settings for different conditions. you might want to keep yours at a certain setting but yea, each person's setup will have to be setup for each individuals' taste.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>setting your shocks and struts is like that fairy tail about lil red riding hood and hte 7 dwarfs. you know, 1 dwarfs soup was too big one was too cold and one of them was just right.

it took me a few days to figure out which setting works best for me and for where. Â*

just put ur car to 1 settting, take it out on the road. set it somewhere else and just keep testing it til you have it exactly where you want it. Â*

i like to use different settings for different conditions. you might want to keep yours at a certain setting but yea, each person's setup will have to be setup for each individuals' taste.</div>

Exactly... The roads around my area are in poor conditon, so putting them at the highest setting isn't an option.

um 8? wtf? i have them...and only 1-4 both front and rear....i had mine set 3front 4rear....but it got too rough...so now its 1front, 2rear
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>got this from club 3g...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>From: KYB
    Date: 2004/08/03 Tue PM 03:24:50 EDT
    To: Cameron
    Subject: RE: [KYB.COM Contact Form] Dampening Rate

The AGX products have the following approximate damping force values.
    When adjusted, both rebound and compression damping forces change.

Setting#:
    Relative Value Â*
    1 - Same as Factory (100%)
    2 - Same as our GR2 products (10~15% firmer than Factory --115%)
    3 - 50% firmer than #2 (172%)
    4 - 30% firmer than #3 (223%)

For an eight position adjustable product, the damping force values are
    approx. the following: With #2 being Factory at a relative value of 100,

#1 = 95 (5% softer than Factory)
    #2 = 100 (Factory damping force) Â*
    #3 = 107.5 (7.5% firmer than Factory) Â*
    #4 = 115 (15% firmer than Factory)(GR-2) Â*
    #5 = 143.5 (43.5% firmer than Factory) Â*
    #6 = 172 (72% firmer than Factory)
    #7 = 197.5 (97.5 firmer than Factory) Â*
    #8 = 223 (123 % firmerthan Factory) </div></div>

I got my AGX from the group buy at the 3G Eclipse forum and they came with the 4-way adjustable dial. I have them paired with Progress springs and I ultimately settled at 1 since the freeway/streets here in LA/Orange County are filled with cracks and little potholes. Setting it at 3 rides really stiff especially with 18's and low-profile tires. It'll be bumpy even with the softest setting if you're lowered but you'll get used to it after a while. If your passengers are not used to riding low, they will get uncomfortable especially when riding in the back seat in a long drive. Overall, it handles great when abruptly changing lanes at high speeds...

ok.. i live in LA.. TOO... people with agx.. how is the ride compared to stock shocks.. i like it that the progress springs with stock shocks bounces but at the same time not too much.. how easy is it to adjust the agx? .. after the install.. do i need to remove my rism to adjust every time or.. they have adjusters near the pillow mounts. like the teins?

you can't adjust the agx's near the pillow mounts simply because the agx's don't come with pillow mounts. but they are adjustable at the top of the struts though like the tein ss's

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

okk yea.. sorry about that.. .. yea thats what i thought.. but i saw in their pics that the adjustaable knob is on the shocks .. so.. was worried that will i have to take of the wheels to adjust them .. but i guess not.. good..

I believe mine are set on 2 front and rear and have been that way for the last 2 years that I've had them
    I haven't changed them yet...and the rides fine for me on both my 18s and my 15s
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

on the rears the adjustment dial is mounted on the shock body. but you don't have to remove your wheel to adjust them. i just lay or crouch on the ground, reach around the tire and look through the spokes to see where i'm at and just turn the dial. if you can't see the dial when you reach around the tire(its blocked from sight , or you just have short arms) then just find an angle where you can see it, note what setting its on, and just count the clicks as you turn it. Its pretty damn simple if you ask me.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast