The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EVO VIII head...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

EVO VIII head...

I only found one topic about this and I would like to bring it back to life. Thoughts and Ideas? I hear about people take a 4G63t head and mating it with a 4G64 block (Spyder) and there getting outragous numbers and tq. If our engines are turned and the only other engine like ours is a EVO IV to EVO VIII. Just imagine what a mated 4G64 to a EVO VIII head would do? Only problem I can see is what ECU to run.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

8ggalant
    standalone...vtek is suppose to be building this motor...i actually had plans on doing it myself but i had a hard time finding a head that i was willing to pay for...i have the spare block in my shed now...

but yea...it would be awesome...matter of fact if u research on evolutionm.net/forums...and search 2.4...there is a shop in cali already doin this (too bad they want an arm and a leg lol)

TGC Regular
    That would be nice.. I was talking to someone about that today over the phone a good friend of mine , I wont mention his name , he wanted to get an evo swap done actually. But we got on the topic of the head and he said that he believe its upwards around 250hp. I think..

Donovan.
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Donovan)</div><div class='quotemain'>That would be nice.. I was talking to someone about that today over the phone a good friend of mine , I wont mention his name , he wanted to get an evo swap done actually. Â*But we got on the topic of the head and he said that he believe its upwards around 250hp. I think..

Donovan.</div>

Actually I think it might produce more than that. What little research I have done a EVO is capabale of 500hp on stock internals. :shock:

So a stand alone would just solve all the problems then. So who is going to do this.

VTEC just got his motor running. Is he planning on doing this or just keep the stock EVO VIII motor.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    for now im gonna stick with the motor I got, but I can some low key stuff in the works, something nobody has done, its the EVO 2.4 headswap only not traditional. You need to get a standalone to make it work, everyone gets scared of that word "standalone" however I have one in my car now and its only 28 wires its not too hard to install you just need someone to tune it. Also converting the 2.4 to DOHC for alot of torque isnt always the best option, our cars dont need alot of torque because we got fwd and too much torque means too much of a burnout. I put my EVO head on a spare 4G64 block i got and all the oil and water passages lined up, you need an evo head gasket and you need it to be bored out to the same diameter bore as the 4G64 block. The thing is you cant use a stock sized piston, you can use forged rods meant for the 4G64, however you need a piston with a custom wrist pin location, the 4G64 block is taller then the EVO block by 6mm. If you go on evolutionm.net do a search for "RNR racing" they did a 4g64 block with an EVO head in an EVO 8 and it came out nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

TGC Regular
    Well , damn all that over a head.

How much money are we talking D , and Stewi.
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

plan on spending at least $6,000 including parts, labor, standalone engine management and a base tune. that includes all parts needed like forged rods and pistons, new bearings, new rings, having the block cleaned and checked, new gaskets, etc.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>plan on spending at least $6,000 including parts, labor, standalone engine management and a base tune. that includes all parts needed like forged rods and pistons, new bearings, new rings, having the block cleaned and checked, new gaskets, etc.</div>

and now we all know why my block is still sittin in my shed lol...anyone need one lol

TGC Regular
    Definetly should resort to nitrous/turbo/stronger internals..
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

and to think I sold an evo 8 head for 100 hahaha

TGC Regular
    not that u needed it
    spoiled ass!
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Donovan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Definetly should resort to nitrous/turbo/stronger internals..</div>

no need for nitrous, turbo will be plenty of power, if you use an incredibly large turbo you can use nitrous to help spool it, however now your talking a full blown track car, roll cages, helmets, racing seats, kill switches, slicks, and be prepared to break shit all the time, trannies, axles, etc.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>and to think I sold an evo 8 head for 100 hahaha</div>

are ufuckin kiddin me...me and u are gonna fight :evil:

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Donovan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Definetly should resort to nitrous/turbo/stronger internals..</div>

no need for nitrous, turbo will be plenty of power, if you use an incredibly large turbo you can use nitrous to help spool it, however now your talking a full blown track car, roll cages, helmets, racing seats, kill switches, slicks, and be prepared to break shit all the time, trannies, axles, etc.</div>

to much torque for the ol g ride I suppose.
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Donovan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Donovan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Definetly should resort to nitrous/turbo/stronger internals..</div>

no need for nitrous, turbo will be plenty of power, if you use an incredibly large turbo you can use nitrous to help spool it, however now your talking a full blown track car, roll cages, helmets, racing seats, kill switches, slicks, and be prepared to break shit all the time, trannies, axles, etc.</div>

to much torque for the ol g ride I suppose.</div>

just stick with a turbo and set it at like 7psi or so for daily driving and when you are street racing (with better internals and a FMIC, set it higher)

[20:33] fenderi: did they screw up your wiper leds yet?
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i dont know man
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i wil see topmorrow
    [20:33] lKoRTy: lol
    [20:33] fenderi: hopefully they did the car a favor and chucked them
    [20:34] lKoRTy: screw you

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8ggalant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mante)</div><div class='quotemain'>and to think I sold an evo 8 head for 100 hahaha</div>

are ufuckin kiddin me...me and u are gonna fight :evil: </div>

Dead serious, I had it up on here for sale for two weeks before putting on ebay..then the idiot didnt send payment. He won it for like 50 or something...Ironically I sold it to a shop in PA well exchanged for shop time

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ryans99es2.4)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Donovan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Donovan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Definetly should resort to nitrous/turbo/stronger internals..</div>

to much torque for the ol g ride I suppose.</div>

just stick with a turbo and set it at like 7psi or so for daily driving and when you are street racing (with better internals and a FMIC, set it higher)</div>

That is the safest way of doing it, but the likelyhood of the average person doing something like that to a galant is very unlikely!

Experienced TGC Member

damn that thread is hella old haha i dont think the guy ever went through with it cuz everyone gave him shit about it i dont think he even owns his eclipse anymore cuz most of the people on the eclipse boards are asses that think they know everything
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'>damn that thread is hella old haha i dont think the guy ever went through with it cuz everyone gave him shit about it i dont think he even owns his eclipse anymore cuz most of the people on the eclipse boards are asses that think they know everything</div>

He never went through with it. He was scared of it, he was scared that he couldnt use his stock ECU and a S-AFC. He had no idea of what he was getting himself into. He used to talk to me about it all the time, prior to installing my EVO engine I was gonna do the headswap, and frankly, Once I get some more money, I still am going to do it. It may not go into my car, but into someone else's car. Im not sure if you guys have looked around but magnusmotorsports.com they are like the RRE of Canada, they did the swap, many times and they said its awesome because you get a ton of toruq, but they have done it in EVO's which are AWD and torque is nothing for them.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

1166gvr4
    The evo spec 4g's are very capable of making in excess of 500 hp, but people fail to see that the evo spec 4g's are glorified 7 bolt 2nd gen eclipse/talon tsi motors, the only diff is injector size blower size and t/b size and intake mani plenum size , for the price you spend on en evo spec buy a built 6 bolt 1g it will crank out more hp,t/q e tolerant to higher boost levels and most of all parts for them are cheap, for 7k or however much this awap is you can get a long block made for you that is capable of 6 to 700 hp all day everyday drop it in get e manage for 300 bucks standalone for the dur dur ones, or spend money and get a top of the line stand alone, thats my 2 cents evo specs are nice and all but for the doe, well F that, been there done that its not worth it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast