The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: at least im workin on pimping my car

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    Tex71x
    ok..... i set up my one ten without an amp... and about 20 minutes of driving on the highway my engine just died.... it just goes buhh... and i coasted for a long while.... so i said fuck you gay sub your dead to me.... put my speakers back teh way they were and it took a while to get it started... it was like bwererrererrer but then i got it started and then it happend a couple a more times on the way to my friends house and thats were i am now...... did my battery just die or what.... what do i do

TGC Regular
    wait wait wait, u put in a sub...without an amp???? how were you powering it???

Mathas
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cardude03)</div><div class='quotemain'>wait wait wait, u put in a sub...without an amp???? how were you powering it???</div>
    I think the more appropriate question would by "why on earth would you do that?"

Tex71x
    i dunno.... i figured it would work but as you can tell .... it didnt...

Tex71x
    well what i did was there is this little cap thing that goes to the rear speakers(on top of the back seat) i unhooked it from the metal prongs on the speaker and then took my 16g speaker wire and twisted it really skinny and just shoved it into the wholes... it was pretty nice until my car died...... :?

but whatever fuck it... im going to buy a truck once i get back from europe this summer..... ill put 2 15's in the back and it will set off everyones alarms... itll be PIMP......

shannon957g
    Whoa.

Maybe your ECU gave out.

That happened to me while at a stoplight...pitch black night...yeah. The flasher lights wouldn't even work. The Galant definitely took some HELL from me that night.

I think it happened because I had an aftermarket head unit with the speakers blaring, 100 watt hyper white bulbs, and a Mitsubishi.

Get it checked out if you feel like spending money...
    We spent over 600 dollars having the car "looked at" then "fixed" and over and over again...just to figure OURSELVES that it was the ECU messing EVERYTHING up...

Make sure you don't spend that much... please....

Good luck with your next vehicle.

Tex71x
    well it cost me about 400 to get it all fixed.... it turns out it was the ddistributor..... stupid car

shannon957g
    Wow. Good luck with the rest...

May the life of your Galant outlast many!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12