The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Civic Lip Project [56K Warning - Pic Heavy]

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 161

Civic Lip Project [56K Warning - Pic Heavy]

Here's a follow up from this thread:
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...pic.php?t=34726

Did a bit more work on the lip - Some updated pics:

I plan to fill in the side gap with some fiberglass.

I've been thinking - should I keep it black or colormatch it to my bumper?
    Here's a quick PS of what the final product should look like:

hey got mine installed without the side gaps... what do u think i should do about the side gaps?.. i see u filled ur gaps??? wouldn't it look weird when u see it closee....??.... and by the way... keep it black.. makes it look JDM...LOL//

i say keep it black. if you had the CTR aka the CSI lip, i'd color match it. but since it looks like u have a mugren replica, which is a lil bit more agressive than the CTR lip, the black would look good.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

leave it black...like my coffee.
    Love,
    Matt

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i say keep it black. if you had the CTR aka the CSI lip, i'd color match it. but since it looks like u have a mugren replica, which is a lil bit more agressive than the CTR lip, the black would look good.</div>
    x2

Censee
    keep it black. it will match the headlights and wheels,,,,and if u ever get a cf hood it will match that too

I say keep it black, black and silver combo. Can you take a shot from the front to see how it looks.
    Mike

Hey Wanderingpinoy you down to make a lip like that for me? If I knew the first thing about custom fabricating something like this I would go outside and start right now. Of course I would compensate you generously for your efforts....let me know...
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

hey co galant.. its easy .. i did mine yesterday.. u just got to get a lip for a civic.. and than try to cut some side things to make it flussh.... but i am not sure how to get the side extensions.. .. i have never done body work.. and this was my first one and was easy as hell.. u might need to cut some things after u buy it so..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey co galant.. its easy .. i did mine yesterday.. u just got Â*to get a lip for a civic.. and than try to cut some side things to make it flussh.... but i am not sure how to get the side extensions.. .. i have never done body work.. and this was my first one and was easy as hell.. u might need to cut some things after u buy it so..</div>

Yea if I had the slightest of idea how to do it...a tutorial would be to awesome wanderingpinoy...
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs

Don't worry, I'll take plenty of pics. Heck if it turns out okay, I might make a mold of the whole lip.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Censee)</div><div class='quotemain'>keep it black. it will match the headlights and wheels,,,,and if u ever get a cf hood it will match that too</div>

noice sig bro 8)

Censee
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Z)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Censee)</div><div class='quotemain'>keep it black. it will match the headlights and wheels,,,,and if u ever get a cf hood it will match that too</div>

noice sig bro 8)</div>
    thanks

what is the easiet way to extend a lip.. u sure shops will be able to do it..?.. i hope they wont bitch about this.. as it is not a direct fit..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>what is the easiet way to extend a lip.. u sure shops will be able to do it..?.. i hope they wont bitch about this.. as it is not a direct fit..</div>

I'm sure a shop would be able to do it - most kits aren't really "direct fit" anyway.

hey wanderpiny.. but see i wanna learn so.. wanna do it myself so i am asking for help.. i know shops do it.lol.. i would not have asked otherwise..lol

Censee
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>what is the easiet way to extend a lip.. u sure shops will be able to do it..?.. i hope they wont bitch about this.. as it is not a direct fit..</div>
    i think the easiest way would be do put something behind the empty part....like a flat piece of plastic and tape it to each side at the back....kinda making like something to hold the 2 pieces together.........when u got that flat piece attatched to both lip pieces,,,u will have to lay fiberglass on that piece,,therefore bringing both pieces of the lip together as one.....keep laying fiberglass until u made it strong anough and reached a good point,,,,then u have to send it down and blend it in

here is the gap on the sides/// seems not that big of a deal but i just wanna make it look one peice so.//// please help..

Censee
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>here is the gap on the sides/// seems not that big of a deal but i just wanna make it look one peice so.//// please help..
    </div>
    do waht i just posted

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast