The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Civic Lip Project [56K Warning - Pic Heavy]

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 161
    Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wanderingpiony)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would do a few things differently.</div>
    please feel free to elaborate...

you would do things differently on the procedure u used to extended the lip? The material you used? The Material of the lip you bought?

^^^^^^^i'm sorry about being so concrete, i'm used to working with people wit disabilities.
    -Pedro

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wanderingpiony)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would do a few things differently.</div>
    please feel free to elaborate...

you would do things differently on the procedure u used to extended the lip? The material you used? The Material of the lip you bought?

^^^^^^^i'm sorry about being so concrete, i'm used to working with people wit disabilities.</div>

Well, instead of just using the metal mesh, then fiberglassing over that, I would use some kind of metal rods or something to make a stiffer skeleton/frame. It was pretty hard to get the shape right with just the metal mesh so the extra skeleton would have made things much easier.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    thanks.... i'll keep that in mind.
    -Pedro

Update - still need to do some work on the bondo-glass filler:

u might need to put a DIY..cause people like me.. kind of dumm at body work will need some help lol

looks good. its almost ready for primer

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

please someone do a DIY.. or build it for me lol.. any one?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>please someone do a DIY.. or build it for me lol.. any one?</div>

i think you're gonna have to wait for someone to actually fnish before they make a tutorial...

who wants half of a tutorial lol.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Censee
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>u might need to put a DIY..cause people like me.. kind of dumm at body work will need some help lol</div>

how bout u just take it to a body shop..

haha.. off course i wanna DIY after its done.. man not that dum..actually i have already did my lip and installed it buit i just do not like the short part on the side.. where it needs to be extended... the worst part it i painted it and installed it like 4 days ago and today was taking my gf to a dentist and front trucks tire blew so.. was cracked so..

hey here is the pic... when i installed it ..

willl post the pics of the broken lip tommorow.. will have to get a new one.. and do everything again..let me know what u think and whether or not should i even do trhe exntensions.. not that i know how to but..lol

by the way sorry for the huge pic..lol .. my badd

who's that guy to the right of that pic? is that a costume?

dude.. my grand ma man.. come on.. its lady dress.. night gown and shit...lol..

mah bad dude, lol... I was checking out your lip and then I saw the white dress and all...hehehhe

btw, why don't you take your lip to a body shop? it might be cheaper to get an extension, fix the crack and paint than getting a new one. depends if you know a cheap body shop..

see the thing is this pic was taken when i installed it.. and today its was broken as a trucks tire blew and came under my car on 57 so..damm pissed ... .. have to get a new lip.. body shops have quoted me a lot... so.. i was like the car is black any ways so its might not be too obvious.. but still..

how bout if you just tell them to make an extension, w/o install,paint, etc...it shouldn't be more than $100

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    leave it black. matches the rim color.

yea off course but as it is black.. no one will really know is there is a full lip or not.. u know what i mean until and unless some one really comes close and looks at it.. so.. black color is awsome but might get extension later after some one does a DIY for me..lol..

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Thats ghetto if you dont make the extension, You could spot it from a mile away. Just suck it up and go learn to fiberglass, its not hard at all! You will never get anywhere on your car if you never learn to do anything by yourself!
    7g for life!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast