The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Civic Lip Project [56K Warning - Pic Heavy]

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 161
    you really don't need a tutorial anyways. the pictures that wanderingpinoy posted is pretty much the tutorial. all that is missing is words that say "cut here" "fill with fiberglass" and then "sand smooth"

and even with that the techniques will vary depending on the fitment of the parts.

cutting where wanderingpinoy cut for me wouldn't work because with the lip im getting, it would be hard to line up.

so even with a tutorial, you can't get too detailed.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

ok.. will figure out something as no one wanna help out.. THANKX a lot..

Censee
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok.. will figure out something as no one wanna help out.. THANKX Â*a lot.. Â*:D</div>

dude people have answered ure questions about 76 times man..lol......this is sorta like a "wipe your ass" type of thing.....u can have 45 tutorials on it,,but only u can know if u are doing it right,from what it sounds like,,it doesnt sound like u have an idea of what u are doing,,,,so i suggest u go pay some shop to do it.....its not that hard man......just lay fiberglass and sand away to shape it....not hard

98% complete - finished the base coat - still need to do the clearcoat:

(note: lip still not attached - held in by friction only)

Not sure if the lip will make it to the Socal meet - hopefully I'll get er all done by then.

damn. that looks good.

what did you do with the center part? did you just leave it on? you have plans for that?

8G_GTZ
    well, i said myself i wouldn't post. but when i saw this update i had to. that's one of my new plans now. that looks super good man. keep it up.

steve

TGC Regular
    looks sooo good, hope it will be on for the meet. then we can take side by side comparison shots. do you guys think that if this civic lip fits, that means all civic lips fit? and exactly does it stay on? bolts underneath/in back?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Looks good, cept in the top right corner, is that the stock bumper peaking out?
    7g for life!

looks good man, nice and clean. Good job

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>what did you do with the center part? did you just leave it on? you have plans for that?</div>

I just left the center part alone - figured it would help keep the lip held on - most likely I will to extend the middle part to fill in the middle better, or if it holds, maybe just even cut it off.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Looks good, cept in the top right corner, is that the stock bumper peaking out?</div>

Yeah, its just actually hanging there - I'll use 3m double sided tape as well as trim screws in the wheel well

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cardude03)</div><div class='quotemain'>...if this civic lip fits, that means all civic lips fit?...</div>
    Yes and no - different civic years had differently shaped bumpers - the one that closely matched the 02-03 bumper was the 99-01 civic lip (aside from the shortness).

Some of the other civic year lips had more of an angle on the sides, that made a big gap - the reason why the 99-01 lip fit was that the shape was a nice arc with no sharp angles.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cardude03)</div><div class='quotemain'>looks sooo good, hope it will be on for the meet. then we can take side by side comparison shots. do you guys think that if this civic lip fits, that means all civic lips fit? and exactly does it stay on? bolts underneath/in back?</div>

not necessarily. the CSI aka the CTR lip and the mugen lips go on the lower part of the numper.

whereas lips like this Tsunami lip go a lil bit higher

so that would would mean a lil bit more modification/fabrication to do.

another thing you have to think of, especially with moy agressive lips is the lines on the lip. making sure that they flow with the lines on the car. ov course the lines line up with the civic but the lines on the galant are different.

God, I hope you have that on for the meet! That looks friggin' hot!

looks good.. do u think mine looks ok.. pic on page 3.. please let me know...

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    ooh thats very nice, I may have to buy that lip and bring it to a shop :shock:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>looks good.. do u think mine looks ok.. pic on page 3.. please let me know...</div>

yours doesn't fit well.

MOLD IT MAN!, IT WOULD LOOK HOT......
    TEAM GENESIS

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    WonderingPiony...that looks as hot as i invitioned it. I'm glad you did it. I'd love to see some daytime pics when you get the chance. GOOD WORK. I can't wait until i get my hands on a lip too.

Neel9, It does look like you're in over your head on this project, Just pay a shop to do it and ask then if you can hang out while they do it so you can see how it is done and if need be, you can do it again.

PionyesV6, About the body lines matching, the actually seem to match the galant pretty well.
    Look at the start and the end of the vents on the lip compared to the start and the end of the Fog light vent. They look close. Good enough for me acutally. I think it matches better than on the civic.
    -Pedro

i think that pick u could not see much but.. here it is.. i think looks.. i mght not be the best at body work.. but being my first project it is not bad.. right??.. man u guys let me down by saying it lit does not fit.. dam

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>i think that pick u could not see much but.. here it is.. i think looks.. i mght not be the best at body work.. but being my first project Â*it is not bad.. right??.. man u guys let me down by saying it lit does not fit.. dam

</div>

looks great man. Cant wait to see it @ todays meet.
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

but if you look at this tsunami lip

you see how the lip kinda goes into the opening on the bumper??

well we don't have those openings so you're gonna have to do somethign with that..

and then with the middle opening some other lips use that middle opening for some kinda lines on the lip. the galant's opening is bigger so it might not fit right.

best thing to do is to try the lip on for fitment before you buy it. i haven't bought my front lip yet though its in my friends garage. we're gonna try it on for fitment so i can decide if its worth modifying.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast