The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: help needed. Changing hub assembly

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar

help needed. Changing hub assembly

I'm trying to remove the front hub assembly, so that i may convert it from 4 bolt to 5 bolt. I cannot get the hub assembly to release from the knuckle. Is this something i can do with out remove the knuckle completely, or does the knuckle have to be removed from the car? Also, are there any special tools needed to pull the hub assembly?

im pretty sure the Hub bearing is pressed into the HUB and then the HUB is pressed into the knuckle.

i went ahead and took the knuckle off, so tonight i'm going to try to get the hub out. It looks like it should be easier than what i'm having to go through.

gontlent2
    i replaced my hub on my 95 galant there are i think three bolts onthe back side that u might need to take the cv shaft out and then just turn the wheel so u can get to it easyer and use a screw driver and hammer maybe eveen hitting the hub it's self will help to get it out

well i ended up taking it to a shop around the corner, they used a press machine to get it out. The guy said i would have never been able to get it out by just hammering it, it was in there pretty good. Got it back home and used a small rotary tool with a sand bit to sand the rust from aroung the hub housing. The new hub dropped right in no problem. I pick the new bolts up from the dealer today, and after i get a new abs speed sensor, i'll be done with one corner of the car. I think the worst is over.

I think I'll paint the Knuckle too. Go for the extra show points.

i knew it lol wanna do mine for me?

I wouldn't mind doing it again, so anytime you feel like driving to kc let me know hehehe.

Now If anyone has an extra 7G laying around i need the speed sensor from the driver side front knuckle. i broke mine trying to get it out.