The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: free things i can do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 38 of 38
    gontlent2
    that timing is easy on the left side of the motor u will see a set of wires going from the motor to the distributer sticking out of the head on the left side there are two bolts holding it in place losen them up a little and u should be able turn the distributer and u want to turn it i think towards u but u will now because if u turn it the wrong way it will start to run rough and maybe even die out on u so turn it a little take it for a ride then maybe turn it a little more see what it does for the car and remeber to tighten the bolts back up

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gtx)</div><div class='quotemain'>faster... free.. hmm

How about rolling down from a hill???</div>

LOOOL :cry:
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tex71x)</div><div class='quotemain'>how do i do that... i have crappy acceleration</div>

u will idle higher , causing to waste more gas
    just go with nitrous set up on here..*group buy section*
    .. easiest thing for $475..
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    he doesn't know what the cable tightening mod is, and your suggesting nitrous? i get first dibs on his car after he blows his engine then.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

TGC Regular
    I was suggesting nitrous , because its the cheapest setup.

D.
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Donovan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tex71x)</div><div class='quotemain'>how do i do that... i have crappy acceleration</div>

u will idle higher , causing to waste more gas...</div>

it just tightens up the slack in the throttle cables

when is we gon be free????

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hodgson316)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Donovan)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tex71x)</div><div class='quotemain'>how do i do that... i have crappy acceleration</div>

u will idle higher , causing to waste more gas...</div>

it just tightens up the slack in the throttle cables</div>

I did it , and my rpm's were higher at idle. like 1.7 - 2 grand..
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You tightened it up too much...
    7g for life!

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>You tightened it up too much...</div>

I agree , and reason why i no longer have it lol
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

Tex71x
    hahahaha you know whats funny i already blew it up once....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tex71x)</div><div class='quotemain'>hahahaha you know whats funny i already blew it up once....</div>

How did you do that?

this crap about taking off your muffler will make your car slower is total BS. it will open up your exhaust more, relieving a restriction, although your car will probably sound like crap.

backpressure NEVER gives power, i always robs power. a bigger exhaust, like a 3" will probably make you loose low end power, but not because you're losing backpressure, but rather increasing it. it has to do with the size of the exhaust pulses, and pressure differentials. i'm really getting tired of having to correct this stupid myth over and over. please stop bringing up how backpressure is supposedly good for your engine, and especially in terms of making power, that's such an old-school myth.

as for free mods, the good free(or cheap rather) mods are generally on turbo cars. for example, on a 1g dsm, you can turn the boost up a good bit with the stock setup and gain a lot of power, at just the cost of a boost controller ($30-$50), and preferrably a boost gauge.

i suppose you could try porting the head and intake manifold, maybe even the throttle body, and putting in a bigger plate, but i really wouldn't suggest that for anyone inexperienced in porting. if you had access to a welder, you could make a more open exhaust. you could always install an exhaust cutout, but your car will sound load as hell, and like crap. and you're almost gauranteed to get a ticket if you open it on the street. weight reduction, as mentioned before is free, and can make significant speed gains (not power) but you really have to go all out.

p.s. if you're going to remove weight, and you still have fwd, make sure you remove it from the back as much as possible as opposed to the front, or atleast try to maintain a balance. during launch, weight transfer already shifts towards the rear, away from the drive wheels, inducing wheel spin, and even worse, wheel hop.

another cheap mod you can do is using window-weld in the motor mounts, this will stiffen them up and stop the engine from shifting around, helping reduce wheel hop/spin a little bit. probably won't help much with speed though.

Tex71x
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lootrock)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tex71x)</div><div class='quotemain'>hahahaha you know whats funny i already blew it up once....</div>

How did you do that?</div>

i was angy and driving really fast.... and i hadnt changed my oil in a long time............ so i kicked a rod out of the side wall :oops:

gontlent2
    that sucks that u blew it up so how much do u want for the car now e-mail me

Tex71x
    i put another engine in it duh...

gontlent2
    oh sorry i thought u just blew it up

Tex71x
    its cool i blew it up a few weeks before christmas and it took about a week to find a replacement engine and someone to put it in... it cast 1000 dollars..... but i got a better engine.... i dont know if its stock but its a 2.4liter......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12