The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: no check engine light but car stalls

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

no check engine light but car stalls

just the other day my car stalled on me at a light i didnt think anything of it at the moment cuz i thought it was my car being to rich. let anyways i get home check my safc2 setting and everything is fine. i was checking out my engine today and everything looks ok but when i have the car one the idle surges and some time when i rev in park or neutral the car dies but not all the time. sometimes it will dip low to about 500+/- but it wont die other time on deceleration it dies right away.

does anybody know what this could be im not getting a CEL so it makes it a litlle hard to use my datalogger. i have the galant service manual and it says that it could be an air leak somewhere but i checked and all my pipes are secure.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

check your battery. if it's stock chances are it is bad... the OE battery sucks balls and goes bad w/o warning. this has happened to everybody.

TGC Regular
    if worst comes to worst..
    maybe ur light is not good in the gauge pod..
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

the car turns on fine but this morning it was a little jumpy. im having a problem with stalling when comming to a stop or decelerating could that be the battery? my safc2 says i have 14.2 volts since it has a volt guage in it and also my datalogger checks internal engine codes but nothing comes up.

when the car shuts off the red warning lights come on but no CEL its driving me crazy can you guys think of anything else it might be
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

have you cleaned the fuel injectors or the throttle body lately? could be dirty.

[20:33] fenderi: did they screw up your wiper leds yet?
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i dont know man
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i wil see topmorrow
    [20:33] lKoRTy: lol
    [20:33] fenderi: hopefully they did the car a favor and chucked them
    [20:34] lKoRTy: screw you

i did the fuel injector cleanig through the vaccum port but not through the gas and i havent cleaned the TB i will try it tho

Check your Alternator partner mine did the same before it died on me today. :cry:
    The Altima

If your dome light also doesn't work then check the 2 fuses in the yellow section under the cover under the hood.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

thanks for the help guys it was a vaccum leak after going throught a whole can of carb/choke cleaner i found out that my throttlebody gasket was leaking and the vaccum T at the FPR was leaking i fixed both and now it running good thanks again guys for the suggestions