The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clarification

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar

Clarification

I just looked at a member's pics of a very clean 8G, and I saw that he had the G-A-L-A-N-T lettering etched into his rear doors, and its etched into the front doors on my 8G. Mine's a 2000 ES, are they etched into the rear doors on 02-03 8G's? I think my chrome lettering would look better there..

If I remember correctly, the GTZ side body cladding had the "Galant" on the rear doors, while the regular DE-LS trim had the "Galant" on the front doors. I think this applies to all 8G years.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wanderingpinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'>If I remember correctly, the GTZ side body cladding had the "Galant" on the rear doors, while the regular DE-LS trim had the "Galant" on the front doors. I think this applies to all 8G years.</div>

correct. gtz's for sure and i think maybe the LS's have the GALANT on the back door while all the others have it on the front door reguardless of year.

the gtz i know for sure has an extra panel on the bottem of the door that helps protect from getting door dings (im assuming thast what its for). my ES didnt have these and i would get door dings about handle height all down the car. my gtz has the panel which sticks out a hair father from the body so now doors hit that first instead of the actual doors.

GTZ only trim
    Another fine post brought to you By:
    The Man™
    Search the boards first please!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    damnit. ight thanks

the 99-01 LS's had the "GTZ" trim on the doors.

here's and example
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

and let me tell you those damn panels aint cheap either...i have to get one replaced where i got hit. rear door panel alone is 130 bucks. thank god its not coming out of my pocket.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    you can still have the G-A-L-A-N-T in chome writing on the side of your ES. Just get the panel off the trunk of any G at a junk yard and clean up the back of them. Then us 3M adhesive to stick them. But make sure that they are level.

I can get the moldong for $250 for the front 2 doors and $250 for the rear 2 doors