The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: k&n gold oil filters?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

k&n gold oil filters?

Hey i want to know has anyone tried them or heard anything about them? Basically i need to do my oil change and really dont have time to go to the dealership which is kinda far from me and looking for something that will be as good or better than OEM. I can get them at a discounted price as well which will most likely be cheaper than the 8 something i pay at the dealership for OEM ones.

Any feedback would help,

Thanks,
    mike
    2002 Galant ES - I4, Viynl Interior by P
    Pioneer AVH-P5700 DVD, RF P4004, RF P8002, 2-Infinity 12" Perfect 12.1DV Subs
    Lightning Audio Digital Capacitor
    Infinity Speakers,GTZ Spoiler, Ractive E-brake, Chrome Door Handles, CF Armrest
    Freedom Design Strut Bar, Cleared Corners
    KUMHO 711 Tires, CF Interior Trim

i've used them. its a good filter. if you get them so cheap. maybe u can get a few for me lol

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i just get 20 percent off that price not that cheap sure shipping would make it not worth it. so are they a go for replace or not?

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>i've used them. its a good filter. if you get them so cheap. maybe u can get a few for me lol</div>

and start a Group Buy w/ them 8)
    -Chris

so far i've only tried 2 aftermarket oil filters that i like. mobil1 and k&n.

how much do you guys normally pay for OEM ones?

How is the Mobil one compared to KN?

i haven't had an oem filter in my cars for years. the dealer is too far lol

the k&n and the mobil 1 are pretty even in my book. i've read tests that they have done and the k&n has a slightly better filtration quality than the mobil1. but then the mobil has a slightly better flow rate.

so is it flow or filtration that i go with?

i say pick whichever is cheaper mobil1 or k&n. they aren't much different from each other.

if you don't have a filter wrench, get the k&n lol

why? does the kn have the nut on the end of it to make it easy to get off? i used a strap filter wrench which isn't the best but the only one i coudl get at the time that would fit our small ass lil filters.