The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Click Click Click....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

Click Click Click....

anyone else get a clicking noise from under the valve cover? its kinda funny cuz my 3g eclipse did the same thing.

common mitsu problem... lifter tick.

go to pepboys or autozone or the such and get RISLONE (yellow bottle) or CD2 (smaller yellow bottle). pour one of them into your oil resevoir and it will go away for a while.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>common mitsu problem... Â*lifter tick.

go to pepboys or autozone or the such and get RISLONE (yellow bottle) or CD2 (smaller yellow bottle). Â*pour one of them into your oil resevoir and it will go away for a while.</div>

:thumbsup: will do.

I have the same sound on my car, will go to Autozone right now.

I suggest AMSOIL engine flush + AMSOIL 2000 Series 0w30 oil. Not just cause I'm sponsored by em either. I honestly hear that solves it in most situations. I'm going to do this myself as soon as they send me the oil filter I ordered.

well I just added the CD2-maxx, still making the sound, not as loud. I guees i'll give it a day or two.

Can you mix this with synthetic? I need some for my G too.

i've been running mobil 1 for alomost 8 years changed every 2500-3000 miles (45+ oil changes) in my v6 and have had no problems w/ rislone or cd2 mixed w/ the synthetic. the sound only comes if it's close to time for an oil change AND the engine is cold; if my engine is warmed up the sound dissappears by itself depending on how dirty the oil is.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    the sound only comes if it's close to time for an oil change AND the engine is cold
    Mine is with the car all the time...it's annoying when you're sitting in the drive-thru and all you hear is your car ticking...I'm going to try it...

Quote Originally Posted by 00GalantMan
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    the sound only comes if it's close to time for an oil change AND the engine is cold
    Mine is with the car all the time...it's annoying when you're sitting in the drive-thru and all you hear is your car ticking...I'm going to try it...
    Same here, Im kinda glad im not the only one with this tick tick sound, on the Drive-thru it makes me crazy.

i have it 2 :x ...very annoying

2001 5 speed 4g64T

kinda makes you self conscience about it doesn't it. And it only makes it louder when you're in the drive thru because of the echo, and then you feel even more self conscience about it.

It sucks that these cars have bad trannys and now these little annoying noises, this crap is gonna bug me for a while, watch I end up selling it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    If its that bad and nothing fixes it, just replace the lifters with the revised version.
    7g for life!

hmm i dont have the clicking sound.. but my fan is insanely loud
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

i also have the same sound, when it 1st started hapening it went away after the engine warmed up, or if i rev the engine, now it gets louder as i accelerate. are the lifters adjustable like on the hondas? i have a friend with a honda accord and he had the same problem, so we poped off the valve cover and adjusted the lifters

On club3g, they attribute this to the lash adjusters being set incorrectly from the factory. They also say it is not a problem.

I went to Autozone and got this

http://www.barsproducts.com/4444.htm

added it to my oil and drve the car for around 40 miles, Havnet heard the Lifters since, and I do feel the car has a little more power, I think all this does is thicken then Oil.

Hope it helps you guys out.

I also have the ticking sound, and I know it's the lifters.
    Solution is, turn your radio up. You shouldn't hear it after that. lol

Quote Originally Posted by mindwerkz
    I suggest AMSOIL engine flush + AMSOIL 2000 Series 0w30 oil. Not just cause I'm sponsored by em either. I honestly hear that solves it in most situations. I'm going to do this myself as soon as they send me the oil filter I ordered.
    I concur. I use AMSoil and I have NO ISSUES. Thats after using multiple synthetics, like Mobil One.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast