The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Click Click Click....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjuro_2
    I went to Autozone and got this

http://www.barsproducts.com/4444.htm

added it to my oil and drve the car for around 40 miles, Havnet heard the Lifters since, and I do feel the car has a little more power, I think all this does is thicken then Oil.

Hope it helps you guys out.
    is this just a poor-in??

......and don't go to the drive thru
    De que estamos hablando?

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    That ticking sound is very annoying, I had that problem on my old Eclipse.
    Good thing I don't have that problem now.

Quote Originally Posted by badmitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjuro_2
    I went to Autozone and got this

http://www.barsproducts.com/4444.htm

added it to my oil and drve the car for around 40 miles, Havnet heard the Lifters since, and I do feel the car has a little more power, I think all this does is thicken then Oil.

Hope it helps you guys out.
    is this just a poor-in??
    yes it is.

Oil Additive.

back when my car was under warranty i got the ticking sound corrected at the dealership for free.

but that was only temporary cuz it came back a few months later.

AMSoil worked for me. I don't have the ticking sound. No special additives needed. Just do an oil change like you do with any other oil and call it a day. Sure AMSoil is a few cents more expensive than other brands but you don't need to add anything else. just AMSoil and go.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    i had a dream last nite that I had some ROUGH lifter tick because of this thread

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    AMSoil worked for me. I don't have the ticking sound. No special additives needed. Just do an oil change like you do with any other oil and call it a day. Sure AMSoil is a few cents more expensive than other brands but you don't need to add anything else. just AMSoil and go.
    By the way... amsoil is better than royal purple ? I'm using royal purple 10w30 fully synthetic for 10k miles (I don't know what oil the previous owner was using) and I have ticking sound from time to time especially when engine is cold. If I'll change to amsoil what grade should I use ? 10w30 or 0w30. I live in Chicago area and drive 01 v6 gtz.

bump... so should I change from royal purple to amsoil and if answer is yes what grade ? 10w30 ? 0w30 ? I will change the oil this weekend so I need to know what should I buy.

TGC Regular
    Well i have this lifter tick tooo, it has always been there, same for me, used to go away as soon as i touched the gas, and it would come and go at idle, then after about 70 k miles of rodding it. It is worse. Well It dont go away now, and it dont go away with revs. So i took my engine apart. Im looking for a more perminate remidy sience i have the whole thing tore apart ! But i wil also order amisol oil And try running that ? any clue what i should run in my 1999 4g64 ? usally i run 10 w 30, but im rebuilding my engine as we speak. with port and polish. Should i switch to 0 w 30 ? or keep 10w 30 ? and These revised lifters.... Where can i get some ? I could use some... OR a site To how to re-adjust them, or revise them myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12