The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Teaser...

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Teaser...

Well everyone with there teasers. So I decided to share....

Take a guess what this is...

Here is a hint... Twin Scroll

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

OOOH OOOH I KNOW I KNOW PICK ME PICK ME 8)
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

:twisted: oh i like the bayarea is comming up around here
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'>:twisted: Â*oh i like the bayarea is comming up around here</div>

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    the finish on those bad boys look awesome, and thanks for my own exhaust mani
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

np... so how is the set up going?

oh dang another turbo galant in the process this thread makes me happy lol
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'>oh dang another turbo galant in the process this thread makes me happy lol</div>

He is actually a 7g. So far Brandon I have only seen your 8g turbo on these boards.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DNA_Racing.net)</div><div class='quotemain'>np... so how is the set up going?</div>

good, i'm intercooler shopping right now need a bunch of misc. parts still
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DNA_Racing.net)</div><div class='quotemain'>np... so how is the set up going?</div>

good, i'm intercooler shopping right now need a bunch of misc. parts still</div>

check out www.johnnyracecar.com

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    look up jrprp1 on eBay, thats where I got my FMIC, only $300 8)
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Jason man, im really sorry to rain on your parade like this, but that manifold is not gonna work. I bought that manifold for my turbo project before, its designed for an EVO, the EVO starter isnt in the same place ours is, the turbo is gonna literally sit right where the starter goes, and most likely the turbo will hit the side of the block. The EVO head is wider then ours and it slightly overhangs the front of the block which pushes the manifold further forward, but the starter problem is the worst, because in order to relocate the starter you'd have to cut a hole in the bottom of the tranny bell housing, make a bracket that the starter could mount to, then weld it on, now this may be feasible but when you cut the bellhousing you are GREATLY sacrificing the structural strenght of it. Its a cast piece its not incredible strong and with it already cut its gonna be weaker. Thats the same reason I didnt keep the EVO turbo on my set up, your best bet is to send that manifold back and get the one from AAI or DDP.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>Jason man, im really sorry to rain on your parade like this, but that manifold is not gonna work. I bought that manifold for my turbo project before, its designed for an EVO, the EVO starter isnt in the same place ours is, the turbo is gonna literally sit right where the starter goes, and most likely the turbo will hit the side of the block. The EVO head is wider then ours and it slightly overhangs the front of the block which pushes the manifold further forward, but the starter problem is the worst, because in order to relocate the starter you'd have to cut a hole in the bottom of the tranny bell housing, make a bracket that the starter could mount to, then weld it on, now this may be feasible but when you cut the bellhousing you are GREATLY sacrificing the structural strenght of it. Its a cast piece its not incredible strong and with it already cut its gonna be weaker. Thats the same reason I didnt keep the EVO turbo on my set up, your best bet is to send that manifold back and get the one from AAI or DDP.</div>

Not a problem but if this don't fit once I get my turbo there really is no problem. I will have my manufacter create a new one based on this as a mold that will fit the Galant. Either way this one or a redesigned one will go on to my car. I have also heard the Starter can be moved a inch either side but I won't bother test fitting until I get my turbo in.

The thing about AAI is they wanted $500.00 for a exhaust mani and then it uses a T3 flange. I like the fact that a the EVO VIII uses a twin scroll turbo and I like how faces the drivers side of the Galant. Once I get a exhaust mani that works I plan on custom piping the intake to right behind the drivers side headlights. Wall it off from the engine bay like the ARC boxes and since I have the vent in my EVO hood and when I want to take out my drivers side headlight I will create a kind of Ram intake. Another thing about this style exhaust mani I still get to keep my A/C.

Either way I am going to fit a EVO VIII turbo on to my ride.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Your best bet is to use the manifold you got and have a shop cut the welds where it meets the flange, then add on about 1 2 1/2 " of tubing to each runner to make it push the turbo forward more. That thing with the starter you cant change the starter bolts into the tranny bellhousing, it is in no way adjustable. your other option I was thinking of is to get a tubular manifold for a 2g turbo, have a shop cut the collector and flange for the turbo off and weld on the collector and flange for the EVO turbo. Make sure they dont just cut the flange, the collector is very important to use the collector that was on the twin scoll manifold as if you dont the exhaust gas will have alot of turbulance and wont spool the turbo as fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS