The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: EMS

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

EMS

Seeing how i dont know shit about computers id rather have a nice carb. What should i do with my ems? Im going to use a 1g head 64 block and 2g turboed ecu. Im having a shop do all the wiring But what about a full stand alone engine management system? I would have to buy the eclipse one correct? Who else besides AEM makes it? i just found some ems from MoTeC which im about to look at. Anyone ever heard anything about the MoTeC ones?
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

MoTeC- Home
    EMS im looking at- M4 kit
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

motec has been around for a long while, they are a reputable brand.
    there is a great article in the november 2003 "Turbo" magazine that compares most all of the publicly available stand alone systems, tell which ones are plug and play, which ones create a base map automatically, and what sensors they use(stock sensors, or provided sensors, also optional ones too) you might be able to find the article on their web site. but my question is. why don't you go straight to stand alone? of course i understand why you would go to stock ecu first, but perhaps thats a question you should ask yourself before you pay someone to wire your factory ecu, then a possible rewire for whatever EMS you choose.
    a friend of mine runs autronic on his 400 hp daily driven VR6 GTI turbo.
    he swears by it. but of course most people swear by whatever products they choose to make themselves feel like they got the best deal out there.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

what kind of mods are you planning on that would warrant a stand alone? and are you planning on paying someone to tune it?