The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: viper 791xv problems please help

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

viper 791xv problems please help

i have a 2000 galant. i love DEI alarms. i had an clifford alarm, but i upgraded to the viper 2 way remote start alarm(791). every since then i've had nothing but problems. at first i thought i had a bad alarms b/c i bought it off ebay.my problem was the remote wouldn't make commands, but it would recieve them,meaning i couldn't lock,unlock doors,remote start anything!!!, but if i hit the car, or opened the doors with the key, the remote would still beep and show the doors open. so i thought it was the remote.went to best buy paid $150 to get a new one programmed.turned out that wasn't the problem, the new one did the same thing. funny thing is,this problem only happens from time to time, sometimes it works fine.but other times i'm scared to arm my car,b/c im scared i wont be able to get back in, so i keep it in valet.so now i'm thinking its the brain of the alarm, so i went to best buy and bought a BRAND NEW one for $499.they unhooked the old one,changed everything and put the new one in. less than an hour after i get home and try to lock my doors, the wont lock.called the installers, they said they dont know what the problem is,bring it back, i'm going back tommorow.my question is i never had a problem with the clifford before, and i just purchased a 2nd viper and its doing the same thing as the first...could it be my car?? something with the electrical system, has anyone else had this problem?? my brother has the python(exact same as viper)on his millenia, and has never had a problem..tell me what yall think!!! i'm ready to just take it all out, and risk getting my car broken into.

Its no point in double posting...

To aide in this problem follow to the original thread