The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: For those with Power Folding Mirrors or getting one...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

For those with Power Folding Mirrors or getting one...

Here's the part#s for the correct glass for LHD. Ofcourse this is assuming you got yours from Japan and it's for RHD :

PS. I just got hold of the parts booklet for the 8G Galant. It's about 350 pages. If you need any JDM part and need the part #, let me know and I'll get the # for ya.

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    are those mirrors from a US version?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dominicano)</div><div class='quotemain'>are those mirrors from a US version?</div>

Japanese LHD

I want those mirrors. Can you get them for me?
    Powered By JK

wow frankmb your car looks great. Sorry, off topics but my computer sucks @ home (im at school) and I run 56k earthlink (accelerated) and most pics dont load up there...hehe
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

NYmagicstk
    <span style='color:blue'>OK, I can't really see too well from your pics, but you have mirrors that fold in, and are connected to the electical system so they can be adjusted without having to stick your hand out the window and move the glass? That's hot! Where can everyone else that wants folding mirrors purchase some? I've looked on the most common websites that sell 8G aftermarket shit, but have come up empty.</span>

I just want the mirrors. Are there anymore or is that it? :?:
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

Franky!!!!!!!

I want those mirrors!
    The First Supercharged 4cyl Galant!!!!!!!!

www.rippmods.com

Before there were any, there was me.

ive had my jdm mirrors for probably months now, and i am already used to driving with the RHD mirrors... 8)
    Diego

TGC Regular
    With those part numbers or any part numbers from OEM JDM parts, are you able to go to a Mitsubishi parts department and have them order it for you?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMONEYDAY
    With those part numbers or any part numbers from OEM JDM parts, are you able to go to a Mitsubishi parts department and have them order it for you?
    Its funny you asked, I called the Mitsu dealer and was told they can get them sometimes and currently, they are on back order. I added my name to the list, but you will not believe the prices I was given for the two mirrors. I gorgot where I wrote the prices down at, but it was somewhere between $40-60 for the set (power folding).

Xska55
    hey frank i picked up those mirrors from another source using those stock #'s and i when i put em in today i still notice a huge difference between the usdm mirrors and the the ones i picked up. is that the way its supposed to be, it almost like the driver and passenger mirrors focus the same and both mirrors macth the the passenger side usdm mirror

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Xska55)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey frank i picked up those mirrors from another source using those stock #'s and i when i put em in today i still notice a huge difference between the usdm mirrors and the the ones i picked up. is that the way its supposed to be, it almost like the driver and passenger mirrors focus the same and both mirrors macth the the passenger side usdm mirror</div>
    Yep, Thats exactly it. But you get used to it and its actually a lot better then the usdm one. BTW i no longer have nextel so can you pm me ur number.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

for the mirrors that i bought the magnification for both are the same where they look like the usdm passenger side. Would i need to get these from frankmb or are they the same thing?

Xska55
    i know what your saying Rich these mirrors are weird like that, there giving me headaches when im driving, it like wearing somebody elses prescription glasses.
    on top of that these mirrors dont pan out as much as on the driver side or pan in on the passenger side as much as i would like them to, im almosted tempted to take the usdm mirrors and cut them into the shape i need em with a dremel and just glue them on top of the jdm mirrors or go to the auto part store and look for some replacements that are close to the shape that i can glue one

Goosey PM sent

yep i was thinking of doing the same thing since the usdm are larger then the jdm and would fit in there nicely after being dremel or even better have a professional glass cutter do them

Thats exactly how my mirrors used to be, after i got the new lenses from frank everything is fine. Both my mirrors now magnify the same.

When you say the same you mean as USDM or that they match in maginification for both sides cause if its the latter thats how i have mine now.

Both of them are the same as a USDM passenger side mirror

ok so from what ive been reading....i still dont get what to do with the usdm mirrors. modify them or just get them from the dealer?

BlackGoose
    '07 Charger SXT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast