The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What a great way to start a Monday.

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

What a great way to start a Monday.

Got backed into as I was driving through my apartment complex parking lot today. A guy driving a beater pickup truck wasn't looking as he backed out, and hit me in the front left corner. Bent my hood, and the tip of the front quarter panel, where it tapers down by the light. Also my headlight got pushed in, cracked, and there are black and red paint marks covering most of it. Miraculously, my kit didn't crack, but there are paint smudges all over it as well. Gonna go get an estimate later today, but probably not going to file an insurance claim, since my deductible is 500 anyways, and the increased premiums will cost me 5 times that. What a great way to start the week :evil:
    What is the meaning of life? 42.

why would u pay for it?? every1 sum1 hit me, it came out of their pocket. not mine.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    sucks man, sorry to hear that bro...

you say you are paying for it? then was it your fault? or was it really his? if it IS his fault, did you get his info? get him to pay for it
    -Chris

why wouldnt you call his insurance company and make them pay for it....I think you need to understand how insurance works.
    Love,
    Matt

GalantGuy96
    hit and run?

In florida it is no fault, it doesn't matter who is at fault, each driver's insurance agency is responsible for their own damage. I am not filing a claim, cause it will cause my own insurance rates to go up. I will ask him to help pay for the repairs, but without filing a claim, and since I don't want to file a police report (private property, they won't respond, and), he wouldn't have to pay a dime if he didn't want to.
    What is the meaning of life? 42.

Experienced TGC Member
    ah true, that sucks majors

I live in FL (go to school at FSU) but i have my insurance in Mississippi along w/ my liscense, and they say it still applies to me!

take him to small claims courts!
    -Chris