The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fuel Filter Replacement

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Fuel Filter Replacement

Okay, I'm having a helluva time removing my fuel filter. I got the top banjo bolt off after a few tries at it, only problem now is disconnecting the filter from the bottom. Any tips or suggestions from someone who has done this before? :?: I know it's a routine thing, but luckily I don't have school this week so I can take my time doing this. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, y'all.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    It is reverse threaded. If you are standing over your passenger wheel well, pull towards you. You have to get a medium 14mm open ended or 14mm flare ended wrench to fit down in there.

Get ready for the fuel to come out, most of the fuel left in the fuel filter will want to drain. Its not that much, but enough to make a mess
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    we were able to disconnect it at the top, and the fuel did come out, and kept coming out until we unpressurized the fuel again by unscrewing the fuelcap. lol.

but that is the mistake I think we/he made, was about the reverse threadedness.
    -Chris

thanks seth. i'll try that first thing tomorrow morning.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Did it work?
    7g for life!

Yeah man, I got the fuel filter replaced. Meant to post but it slipped my mind. Thanks again. 8)