The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g turbo teaser [insert clever anti-56K comment]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Ahhh still a great deal. Who cares about the paint, it will still serve its purpose 8)
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    how much would it cost to get it powder coated? i know it varys, but has anyone ever gotten a quote on something similair in size?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

i am running the pacesetter manifold. there is a sticker that comes on the manifold when you get it that the paint is only an anti rust coating. it says clearly to strip it and paint it with high temp.
    but i really didn't care to do all that. I just wrapped it with thermal header wrap, and let it bun off. doesn't smoke at all now, and hasn't rusted yet, not that i care. the stock manifold is cast iron and they all rust.
    as for getting it powdercoated, this place is a dsm specialty shop, and has some of the best prices i've seen for powdercoating(without having to call in a favor to a local buddy that does powdercoating). Best thing is, they have an array of colors, and they break down the price when you do more items.
    http://www.boneheadperformance.com/powdercoating/
    says 40 bucks for high temp powdercoat. you should get some other things done while your there, like your o2 housing, and maybe your chargepipes. I talked to one of the people there, they actually powdercoat the inside and the outside of the piping. for all that, its a steal.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Dark Anghell
    If your DP is 3", i would suggest porting the wastegate before it goes onto the car, same goes for the turbine inlet. You should be able to open both of them up. But main thing is the wastegate. When i had 14b on the GSX w/ 3" DP, that thing spiked like crazy. By porting the inlet, you can get a little bit better spool-up time.

As for the manifold...most dsm guys will run either 2g or evo3 manifolds, and if they run tubular ones, they pay close to 700 for those. The cheap ones can come apart, don't flow as good, rust, and usually don't have even lenght pipes. Try it out, but if sucks, just replace it w/ a factory manifold.

What size injectors are you running?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    That downpipe is 2.5" tip to the flex pipe, then 3" back. It shouldnt creep too bad so Ive been told with this type of downpipe.
    7g for life!

Dark Anghell
    Yeah, you should be fine. But might as will do it anyway, since the turbo is out. Just make sure you don't grind away too much, so the flapper still closes, and seals the opening.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dark Anghell)</div><div class='quotemain'>What size injectors are you running?</div>

probably 550s. and if the exhaust mani screws up, which everyone is telling me it will, i'll just get the OEM 2g one
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Dark Anghell
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dark Anghell)</div><div class='quotemain'>What size injectors are you running?</div>

probably 550s. and if the exhaust mani screws up, which everyone is telling me it will, i'll just get the OEM 2g one</div>

That's a good setup. You can also hold the powdercoat of the tubular manifold, and powdercoat the 2g manifold instead. (because the one you have right now will go sooner or later)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12