The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Radiator?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Radiator?

So I got out of my car this afternoon and I smelt that sweet smell of coolant when i got out. CRAP.
    It turns out i have a crack directly on top of the radiator, just under where the upper hose connects into the radiator. Pics will be up soon.

So what I'm asking is does anyone know of where to get cheap radiators or recommended brands?

PS i searched the forums and couldnt find anything, about to do some googling just want opinions, etc.

EDIT:
    VVV oozes slowly when pressure is applied but thankfully not squirting

VVV it does that almost all the way around the crimping

ON A SIDENOTE:
    grill finally done.
    Last edited by bmaddock; 10-14-2008 at 02:18 PM

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

hey bro, i had the same problem with my radiator i just replaced it with a new metal radiator... check out the thread https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=31250

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

Bro, I just had the same problem last week.. I just replaced it with OEM

Alright thanks a lot you guys.

O man and i just went and checked to see if i spelled it wrong in the search button and sure enough i did, sorry about the sort of repost mods...

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    i got the same crack on my radiator when I drove from NYC to Texas. Save yourself some money there is a kit for cracks like those. first drain enough fluid to be below the crack then you want to drill a small hole on each side to stop it from cracking any more. But before doing that go to the parts store and get a kits for radiator it is a sheet of fiberglass mat and resin and hardner. Follow the instructions to clean the area and sand it down a bit and clean it off befor applaying. cost me 5 dollars.

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    im sorry but thats the most dummest thing to do its gonna come back again and this time worse

just get a new one
    03 I4

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    why is it dumb? its epoxy with fiberglass mat, have you ever worked with it? that shit gets hot when mixed. I had it in my car for three months now and nothing wrong with it. for anything bigger than a hairline fracture i could see that does not make sense but this is a hairline fracture.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_o2 View Post
    im sorry but thats the most dummest thing to do its gonna come back again and this time worse

just get a new one
    Dumb? I paid 5 dollars for some of the original jb weld to fix the same exact crack shown in the picture drained some coolant as already stated back in the spring. 15,000 miles later there hasnt been the slightest leak. If it works then you have saved a lot of money you could put elsewhere on the car. If not, well you are not out a bunch of money. I think "dumb" would be forking out an unnecessary amount of money.
    2002 Galant GTZ
    1967 Cougar XR-7 w/289 c.i. (Project)

i got the same thing while i was installing my turbo...i just made a bed of JB weld over it...sand it down and another bed of JB weld...and so far its been almost 2 months and no leaks...i know eventually i will have to change it...but it works for the mean time.
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump