The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Intake Manifold, Need Info And Help (Filing A Complaint)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 87

Intake Manifold, Need Info And Help (Filing A Complaint)

I want to get a list of all names that have had their intake manifold crack on them inorder to make a justified complaint to Mitsubishi. Please state your name, model (DE, ES, LS, GTZ), # of cylinders, and year of car. If you know anybody else who has had the same problem, please provide their info also. I would also like advice on the best way of filing a complaint for a cheap, low quality part. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Shashivr4

how did ya manifold crack?
    Sold Burgandy ES 2001

Now Own A 2002 Subaru Wrx

Not sure. Just cracked.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Crack:

Krispys i4
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    my name is chris prosser i have an '03 mitsubishi galant ES and my intake manifold cracked.

Gremyko Coleman 2001 Galant Es 2.4L 4cylinder

About time somebody did this i thank you alot for this shashivr4
    .......the same thing happened to me last september and as a result of my car being stuck in my ex gf's driveway somebody broke into my car and stole all my whole audio system and yes i had an alarm they cut my sirens. :evil: . Sorry for getting of topic. If you need anymore info let me know.

My name is Marco Zurita. My 99 ES i4 (Dec '98 technically) did the same thing last August.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that has had this happen. (not about the fact that you all had this happen, but the fact that it wasnt must me...) Had to get a used one from VtecKiller since a new one was soooo freakin expensive.

I've got one love in my life. And my girlfriend's learned to live with it. Girlfriends come and go. Your ride is forever.

tolowbass
    ivan velez
    2000 es 2.4L
    mine broke last moth.

Thanks for the info. Does anybody have any ideas on the best way to go about this. For right now I am going to go to the local dealer and show him the list of people I have and see what their opinion is. Thanks.

Shashivr4

Can I also get addresses and phone numbers of all you guys. Please email them to me at [email protected]. Thanks.

brandon i have 01 es 2.4 mine cracked in the same spot but didnt break all the way

a friend of mines cracked too he had a 00 es 2.4 his cracked twice
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Seems like everyone having this problem has a 4 cylinder.

Shashivr4

its because of the design of the manifold and plenum, its not the traditional cast alluminum manifold that every other mitsubishi has.
    the v6 has a different manifold.

if you get enough people on your petition, they might make it a recal.
    i've seen it happen.
    i used to work as a lube tech at honda, back when the s2000 came out. All these people came in because their second gear was f'ing up. And of course honda was replacing them under warranty, (if you looked at any of these cars with the bad second gear, you would see that the rear tires were all torn up. these people were just ripping on their trannies, and honda actually issued a recall.
    Automobile manufacturers must have insurance policies against unforseen major design flaw, and when these non safety related flaws start costing them money, i bet they just file a claim on their policy.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

c'mon everybody i know this has happened to more people lets make this a recall.

tolowbass
    yeah whats up with that. i know this has been a common problem.wheres everyone at?

Just a word of caution, I suspect everyone this has happened to has or had an aftermarket intake. Did this happen to anyone with a stock intake? I've seen some I-4's at meets where the intake was mounted without a shock mount, so when the engine rolled, all the strain was on the manifold, because the intake was bolted to the body.

Not that you guys don't have a legitimate complaint, but you know Mitsu will look for every reason not to honor warranty if there are any after market mods to your car.

I hope someone pays attention, because this is a common problem on the I-4. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

First of all, yeah we difinitely need some more names to get a legitimate complaint. Secondly, I have never had a aftermarker intake and my manifold cracked twice.

Shashivr4

tolowbass
    well.............................my intake manifold cracked AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!something needs to be done about this.

Sorry to hear that. Well lets see if we can get more names.

Shashivr4

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast