The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Intake Manifold, Need Info And Help (Filing A Complaint)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Showing results 81 to 87 of 87
    i looked at the links all throughout this post and they are all not working in regards to the oultander intake manifold ones. can someone hook a brotha up and tell me which one works for the 01 galant please?

thanks!

They links dont work cause the thread is about three years old.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

My name Kai Jones 2002 ES 2.4 and 2003 ES 2.4 Both cracked!

Quote Originally Posted by krispy03 View Post
    i do alot of neutral bombs in front of JR high schools to impress the ladies
    How do you do that?!?!?!

Put the car in neutral,,,,hold the throttle down,,,,and pull it down into drive.............nice way to fuck up a tranny,,,the girls will be sooooo impressed when it's laying in the street.

Well if it wasn't for a cracked intake manifold, I would not be a Galant owner today. My sister gave me the car fo free since it had the cracked manifold and would not run. It's an ES with the 2.4L I4 engine and almost exactly 150k miles. She kept it completely stock because she doesn't know anything about cars, of course. I got the new part for a whopping $585 from the dealer and replaced it this past weekend. Had a friend order the part for me...I will check with the friend to see if it came from an Outlander or from a Galant. Also, I will be looking into the motor mounts now that I have read this thread...would hate to have only fixed the symptom, not the problem. From looking at the old and new manifolds, I can say that the new one appears to have a better weld joint at the problem area (I am a TIG welder, take it from me), so maybe they gave me a manifold that won't break? Nonetheless, I will replace the motor mounts if they are bad.

03 outlander is the model

that/s the intake to grab. you can start by calling Ny/Nj salvage yards-avg price is 150 bucks, not shipped price. call to validate but i think the new replacement intake is the same as the outlander...or should be. i'm checking in on the motor mounts, putting an outlander intake on and selling this car for 2200(sucks to do it). it's on craigslist and i think i have a buyer. i'm going green and getting a horse and a cow to ride.

later

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345