The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Intake Manifold, Need Info And Help (Filing A Complaint)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 87
    Got lucky to have a different dealer look at my car only to find out that whats causing my cars new problem is a cracked manifold. Rey Alvarez 99 Galant ES.
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

theblackpearl
    Quote Originally Posted by krispy03
    my name is chris prosser i have an '03 mitsubishi galant ES and my intake manifold cracked.
    sounds like an AA meeting...

dang i hope mine doesnt do that...i got the 2.4L

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackpearl
    sounds like an AA meeting...
    yea, thats what i was going for.

theblackpearl
    lol i got a kick out of it...

edward bernal
    houston texas
    1999 ed 2.4lt 4cyl
    ....also black paint is messing up! Dealer also said its due to houston weather, but this car is garage kept at work and home....
    paid4.....99 galant

what in the HELL are you people doing to your cars?
    Ive been working on these for 14 years. guess what? NEVER seen a manifold break like that.
    it obviously has something to do (or at least is related to) aftermarket intakes.

Quote Originally Posted by manybrews
    what in the HELL are you people doing to your cars?
    Ive been working on these for 14 years. guess what? NEVER seen a manifold break like that.
    it obviously has something to do (or at least is related to) aftermarket intakes.
    I don't know about the aftermarket intake thing because there are a few people here who say they are stock and it happened twice to them. The intake manifolds on the I4 are really cheap and thin compared to the cast aluminum ones on the V6. But, it doesn't appear to be happening to enough people to be considered for a recall. Perhaps it has more to do with driving habits?

tolowbass
    i think it may have to do with motor mounts goin. after my second intake manifold, i started checking everything out and my motor would wobble back and forth alot. checked out the mounts and they were completely shot. so i figured that might be whats happening especially when im under hard acceleration. i no longer have my car anymore. it seemed like after the second time everything started to go wrong with my motor so i had to get rid of it. i still miss her

mine cracked too

Paul Beaulieu
    canada quebec

02 ES 64400 Miles

stock intake

2002 blue G RIP07
    2003 grey G with the heart of an Evo 8
    1999 beige G . winter beater and well its beige

i have cracked mine twice already. one 6 months ago and the second one last week..

Jesus Jardon
    Miami, Florida
    1999 Galant ES 2.4

Mine cracked in the same place as the picture. The mechanic in Mitsubishi told me it was because of the Injen intake I have on it thus causing extra weight on it and break. I call it BS but whatever. Cost me about $500.00 to fix. Still have the reciept.

Let's do a class action law suit for the Intake Manifold replacements!!!

Spicy Galant
    8G i4 1999 ES
    My intake maifold cracked....twice

i gave up with the car so...right now...crazy glue dust and jb weld is holding it together

oook

I guess I might not be buying a 4Cylinder after all.

In your opinions is this something that can easily be welded on solid?
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

well i just had mine welded and reenforced

its looking good, il let u all know if the weld breaks

2002 blue G RIP07

once again..

been working on 4 cylinder galants, eclipses, and everything else forever. I see them 5 times a day.
    and never seen one break. something is amiss here. what are the mods you all have going on?

Thats what I thought when I first heard of this. It sounded real weird but by looking at the pictures that some have posted that should not be happening not even with CAI.
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    im switching to the outlander manifold. buying parts tomorrow

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>

once again.. Â*

been working on 4 cylinder galants, eclipses, and everything else forever. I see them 5 times a day. Â*
    and never seen one break. something is amiss here. what are the mods you all have going on?

</div>

well as for my part

i dont have any big mods on my engine , i only worked the body so far , not being such a big fan of speed and all

the engines mods are as follow

obx header
    apex1 carbon muffler
    ractive peeflow
    i have a very small nos kit bought on ebay for 80 bucks never used it though (looks too cheap lol)

hmm thats about it

2002 blue G RIP07

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Pedro Quezada
    1999 ES i4 Cracked.

Jaire Quezada
    1999 ES i4 Cracked.
    -Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by krispy03
    im switching to the outlander manifold. buying parts tomorrow
    how much will that cost and what year Outlander? it sounds like a good idea to do, will it just fit on without any changes needed to be made

I've got a 4cyl. G and reading all this Im starting to get paranoid over my manifold, hasnt broken yet but hell it sounds like it might be a ticking time bomb.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast