The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Intake Manifold, Need Info And Help (Filing A Complaint)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 87
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalamidad
    Pedro Quezada
    1999 ES i4 Cracked.

Jaire Quezada
    1999 ES i4 Cracked.
    daaamn urs cracked today? i bet mine's next

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon Sunset
    Quote Originally Posted by krispy03
    im switching to the outlander manifold. buying parts tomorrow
    how much will that cost and what year Outlander? it sounds like a good idea to do, will it just fit on without any changes needed to be made

I've got a 4cyl. G and reading all this Im starting to get paranoid over my manifold, hasnt broken yet but hell it sounds like it might be a ticking time bomb.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...light=outlander
    im going to get ereything for about $550-$600 tops

thanks for that link! it looks pretty straight forward, I know a guy who fixes wrecked cars, he should be able to get me those parts cheap and I'll have him do the work.

I'll probably wait until my intake breaks first, that way I have a valid reason to do it, and then my dad wont/cant yell at me for whatever it is he could possibly yell at me for.

just a question, as a preventitive measure, what if I put JB weld around the intake manifold before it breaks to help reinforce it, would that work? or is it just a waste of JB weld.

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon Sunset
    just a question, as a preventive measure, what if I put JB weld around the intake manifold before it breaks to help reinforce it, would that work? or is it just a waste of JB weld.
    from the guy who broke 5 intake manifolds, i say its a waste

just a thought that my car guy gave to me......wanted to see what the guys with the broken manifolds would say. I'll relay that along.

Cracked Manifold

i was on my way home TODAY....and my car starts idleing rough.....thank god i wasn't too far.....but long story short......mine cracked in the same location that seth98est's did. if you made any progress in getting this acknowledged as a recall, please let me know.

Re: Cracked Manifold

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eldotem)</div><div class='quotemain'>i was on my way home TODAY....and my car starts idleing rough.....thank god i wasn't too far.....but long story short......mine cracked in the same location that seth98est's did. if you made any progress in getting this acknowledged as a recall, please let me know.</div>
    seth posted it put its my manifold. im on my 6th one, but not for long :twisted:

Qs

Hows it going with the weld.

What you use
    MIG
    TIG
    Flux
    ?
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

You can add me to the list of completely stock cracked intake manifolds. Went to the dealer to get a new one and he told they no longer make the manifold that came on my car. He went on to inform me mitsu has changed part numbers for the 8g and the new new part number cross references the 03 outlander intake manifold. Then he admitted there are currently 54 on backorder in their ATL distribution center, however he said there are no TSBs or recalls on this part. Obviously Mitsu know this was poor design hence the change in the part number, but more than likely they will never admit this.

Quote Originally Posted by neepar
    You can add me to the list of completely stock cracked intake manifolds. Went to the dealer to get a new one and he told they no longer make the manifold that came on my car. He went on to inform me mitsu has changed part numbers for the 8g and the new new part number cross references the 03 outlander intake manifold. Then he admitted there are currently 54 on backorder in their ATL distribution center, however he said there are no TSBs or recalls on this part. Obviously Mitsu know this was poor design hence the change in the part number, but more than likely they will never admit this.
    Well i got the guys at my dealership to admit it is a common problem cause i bought my replacement throught my job using the Pep Boys name and the guy was like "yea thats a regular with those cars " ...Damn i guess i should find that reciept java script:emoticon('', 'smid_24')
    hmm now where is it
    99 BLACK GTZ
    5 SPD 10-12-08
    TEIN SPRINGS AND KYB SHOCKS
    WTB FRONT BUMPER
    WTB CF HOOD
    WTB GRILL
    WTB CF TRUNK

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>

Qs

Hows it going with the weld.

What you use
    MIG
    TIG
    Flux
    ?

</div>

well its been a couple of months and so far everything is good . mine cracked in the groove near the throthle body. I had the entire groove filled so its really more sturdy,

no idea what he used though but he didnt just repair it, by filling that groove up the intake will never crack THERE again he guaranteed it,

total cost for the repairs was 40 &#036; i think maybe less

2002 blue G RIP07
    2003 grey G with the heart of an Evo 8
    1999 beige G . winter beater and well its beige

My first one cracked with the stock intake i got a used one put on for $500 and i also had an SRI installed it lasted about 1 month and its cracked again 3 days ago. its not to the point where it stalls every time u start it but its gettin there. i probably got a week b4 i have to have a new 1.
    Last edited by jonk8123; 04-29-2008 at 11:35 PM

2000 Galant ES 2.4L

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    As long as you replace your motor mounts on time, you will be ok. Mine cracked at 158K and that's because my front and rear mounts went bad and I ignored it, while my engine was rocking back and forth. Replaced the mounts and bought a used intake manifold, no problems since.
    To answer your question though, I think you need 2003 Outlander manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by jonk8123 View Post
    My first one cracked with the stock intake i got a used one put on for $500 and i also had an SRI installed it lasted about 1 month and its cracked again 3 days ago. its not to the point where it stalls every time u start it but its gettin there. i probably got a week b4 i have to have a new 1.

You paid 500 bucks for an intake manifold??? My god, you got raped without any vaseline. I paid 100 and did the work myself, not hard but I had to take off and put back alot of crap.
    Last edited by RAZ_76; 04-30-2008 at 12:09 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Edward Emerson, 2000 galant es. dono if its too late but oh wellz. my second one just cracked. now im getting smart and going to outlander manifold and replacing all motor mounts just in case

also another problem that ive seen,,,,the bolts holding the TB to the manifold are too long and press against the I.M.

Reason it cracks is due to bad motor mounts that allow the rocking back and forth. I didn't have an aftermarket intake on mine when it broke but I did have the front an drear mounts in really bad shape and every time I would take my foot of the gas on the highway, the car would feel like downshifting. A far as the outlander intake, you need one from a 2003 outlander, I believe.

2003 NON mivec

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_76 View Post
    You paid 500 bucks for an intake manifold??? My god, you got raped without any vaseline. I paid 100 and did the work myself, not hard but I had to take off and put back alot of crap.
    if you think his was bad, i went to dealers and paid 955.66 for parts and labor to replace my intake manifold. this was before i was a member of TGC so i had no idea if it was a good deal or anything but i had no choice

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast