The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Synthetic ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 35 of 35
    on a side note, going from non synthetic to synthetic is ok, just dont do it the other way around.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fall Out Boy)</div><div class='quotemain'>on a side note, going from non synthetic to synthetic is ok, just dont do it the other way around.</div>

and why is that??

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wanderingpinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'>I wanna try amsoil, but noone around here carries it - I've been using royal purple, as well - price has gone down on it (4.29 qt)</div>

Older friend of mine works for AMSOIL. He even got me sponsored for my 8G. I was gonna use it supposedly after I got my turbo but I never got to use it yet c'uz of that f*cking shop. Anyways, I think I can get us some kind of group buy if you guys want. I think before he sold me a box ( 1 quart x 6 + their oil filter ) of their Turbo formulated 10W30 for $25.00. I think if its just the regular 10W30 or 10w40 that it will be a lower price!

If any of you Turboed/ Supercharged guys want this oil let me know. That goes to you guys also that just want the regular ones. I will give my friend a call & see what he can do for TGC.
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FastNFabolous)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wanderingpinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'>I wanna try amsoil, but noone around here carries it - I've been using royal purple, as well - price has gone down on it (4.29 qt)</div>

Older friend of mine works for AMSOIL. He even got me sponsored for my 8G. I was gonna use it supposedly after I got my turbo but I never got to use it yet c'uz of that f*cking shop. Anyways, I think I can get us some kind of group buy if you guys want. I think before he sold me a box ( 1 quart x 6 + their oil filter ) of their Turbo formulated 10W30 for $25.00. I think if its just the regular 10W30 or 10w40 that it will be a lower price!</div>

yo. if you can still get prices similar to that, i'd be down for a 2 year supply lol

GalantGuy96
    i cant read this anymore, you guys sound like you are just geussing on what sounds right.
    1. dont use that extended life bullshit.....you guys sound like n00bs trying to buy electric superchargers and electronic bov's
    2. get oil changes every 3k no matter what....
    3. use quaker state........always.

take it from me....i work at jiffy lube, and let me tell you, they have done so much research on this, and there is a reason why they say to use these type of oils.....THEY ARE THE BEST......stop wasting your money on junk.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantGuy96)</div><div class='quotemain'>take it from me....i work at jiffy lube, and let me tell you, </div>

tell me. is this the same place that accidentally drained your tranny oil instead of your motor oil?

straight up. the oil companies say every 3k for a reason. mostly to get you to buy more oil and to have some kind of consistency.

straight up, the oil change interval shouldn' be based on how many miles you've driven your car. i mean if i were to race my car up and down the strip for 3000 miles, i bet you my oil is gonna be different from like my granny driving my car for 3000 miles between the retirement home and the bingo parlor.

can't really say to a person "oh you're a slow old person you can last 7k miles" and then to the next guy "you look like a racer, 3k for you" does'nt work like that. thats why they say every 3k miles.

i've tried my share of oils.

this is what i figured out based on my own personal research and testing.

synthetic blend is a waste of money. just like regular convention oil.

mobil1 is better than regular conventional oil. my lifter tick goes away with mobil1 or any other type of synthetic. don't have any kinda of scientific explanation as to why, but it works for me.

amsoil is better than mobil 1. my car feels a lil bit peppier with the amsoil. i know i can't really measure that but i do have something i can measure. thats my fuel economy. my fuel economy has gone compare to other oils by just switching to amsoil.

GalantGuy96
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantGuy96)</div><div class='quotemain'>take it from me....i work at jiffy lube, and let me tell you, </div>

tell me. is this the same place that accidentally drained your tranny oil instead of your motor oil?
    </div>
    yup, thats them.....but I meant the actual company...not our store..
    plus that guy was our EX-assistant manager.

let me put it this way....90 percent of the people here arent "granny" drivers.

its not just how it makes you car "sound"......
    after 3k miles your engine has gotten so much dirt and other grime in it...and that what oil does.....it not only lubricats, it cleans and cools your engine.
    so if your oil is black as shit, does it make it a good idea to keep it in your car because your too cheap to afford oil, or because it makes your car feel "Peppier"?
    no.

and this isnt an attack toward you pinoy....your one of the very few people i actually take advice from here....
    im just saying it to who ever reads this.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantGuy96)</div><div class='quotemain'>its not just how it makes you car "sound"......
    after 3k miles your engine has gotten so much dirt and other grime in it...and that what oil does.....it not only lubricats, it cleans and cools your engine.
    so if your oil is black as shit, does it make it a good idea to keep it in your car because your too cheap to afford oil, or because it makes your car feel "Peppier"?
    no. </div>

see thats the thing. i've read things saying that the color of the oil doesn't matter. i haven't read into this into detail but if the oil is really black, then some kinda of change must have happened to the oil.

after 7500 miles with my amsoil, the oil is still gold in color. a tad bit darker than new but definitely not as dark as other oils i've seen at 3k. im pretty sure if i change my filter i can push the oil well over 10k miles and still be fine.

amsoil has been making synthetic oil for well over 30 years. nobody else can say that because they amsoil was the first. amsoil was the first to have the extended life oils. othe companies in the past like mobil have tried to copy in the past but backed out cuz they got neverous. think about it, a company willing to risk everything to say their oil lasts 25k miles. amsoil never backed out. amsoil is still in business so u know something's working right. it wasn't til recently that oil companies started to make formulas for extended life.

GalantGuy96
    heres a link in found useful..from 3si..
    http://www.3si.org/forum/showthread.php?t=...11&page=1&pp=10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantGuy96)</div><div class='quotemain'>take it from me....i work at jiffy lube, and let me tell you, they have done so much research on this, and there is a reason why they say to use these type of oils.....THEY ARE THE BEST......stop wasting your money on junk.</div>
    For those of you who want the real answer, I would suggest trusting someone who doesn't work at jiffy lube.

Jusmills nailed it.

Faction
    Jiffy lube is for pussies

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GalantGuy96)</div><div class='quotemain'>i cant read this anymore, you guys sound like you are just geussing on what sounds right.
    1. dont use that extended life bullshit.....you guys sound like n00bs trying to buy electric superchargers and electronic bov's
    2. get oil changes every 3k no matter what....
    3. use quaker state........always.

take it from me....i work at jiffy lube, and let me tell you, they have done so much research on this, and there is a reason why they say to use these type of oils.....THEY ARE THE BEST......stop wasting your money on junk.</div>

AMSOil has a little more experience than Jiffy Lube. As a matter of fact if your motor didn't have mechanical wear you could live oil in as long as the motor runs. It also goes without saying that the Police as well as large fleets use AMSOil and infact use it for over 25,000miles just changing the filters when needed. Believe me my shop does them.

Not to mention Car companies are also recommended longer drain intervals.

dude down here in LA.. i meet so many people and everyone recommends mobil 1 so.. i think their oils lasts more mileage than before.. so..

gtz_03
    Ive been running amsoil for a year now, i switched from mobil 1, theyre both good oils and i know theres nothing wrong with synthetic, if anything it runs cleaner and lubricates better! anyways when i switched to amsoil 5w-30 high performance synthetic, i noticed a 3 mpg increase, and ive never had problems with it, in fact i also use it in my wifes 95 toyota corolla it still has 190000 and runs and sounds brand new!!!!!!!!!!! im a fan of foreign cars, preferebly mitsubishi and toyota!! Amsoil is great oil in my opinion ill never change till they stop manufacturing

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I've used Quaker State synthetic blend In my 94 Supra, Jetta, Accord, and now my G. I've had no problem with that brand. I change my oil at 4500 miles and usually the oil is a little darker than when it is new.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12