The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: lookin for a 1994 GS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 38
    midwestgalant

lookin for a 1994 GS

i'm lookin for a 1994 gs 5speed, you know the rare one, i found a 1994 at a car dealer out here, but it has no badges it is a 5speed, i didnt get to look under the hood cus they were closed, but it did have a hood scoop on it, not really a scoop but a bubble type deal, you can tell it is stock.
    is this the rare car? it is about 60 miles from me and i dont really want to drive back down there if it is going to be a waste

the bubble hood is standard in 94 i believe. the GS also has disc rear brakes. thats another way to spot a GS besides the DOHC head.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Most 94-95 and some 96 had the hump. No 97 or 98s had them. Good luck finding a GS. I think a guy had one on here that he was selling. Needed some work though, I will find out from him for you.
    7g for life!

i have a GS, and if i found another one, i'd buy it too.
    call and ask the owner what motor it was(if you remember the name of the lot.
    on the outside the gs will always have five star alloys, spoiler, sunroof, foglights, and the hood hump, as well as rear disc brakes. but a well appointed LS could have the same.
    i would drive 200 miles on just a hunch that there was a GS for sale.

when i stumbeld on mine, i bought it the next day.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

also there is NO chrome trim on a GS. the window trim is panted black.
    if you got a look at the inside, a GS will have a leather steeringwheel and shift knob; the upolsterey will be made of two different fabrics stitched together( the luxury knit fabric and the center of the seats, and a microfiber surround).

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

midwestgalant
    i do know that the trim was black, it had some ugly cheep chrome wheels on it and i didnt think of looking at the brakes, i'm goingto be going up there saturday to look at it better, i think that he only wants like 900 or so for the car, the clear is coming off of it, and the windshild is cracked pretty bad, and it had that old purple tint, i'm pretty sure it had foglights, but i also know the trunk lid isnt the one off the car cus the clear was not flaking off the car, btu it didnt have the wing

Tex71x
    i have an ls id sell you

midwestgalant
    so i went to look at the car today, it is a 1994 GS, but it is all tore up engine wise, said he sold it to a kid who ran the piss outta it then got it back some how, he is takin it to the auction in 2 weeks to try and get rid of it, he took it to the dealer and it is going to be like 1700.00 dollars to fix everything
    he wants 650 for it, cus the inside is nice and there are no dents or bad body parts on it

is it worth it ????

i'd buy the GS absolutly, then i'd buy a good GS motor from me.

i still have my 2.4DOHC out of my gs just sitting in my garage.
    it has no oil leaks, doesn't burn any oil, and if you buy it from me, i'll throw on a new timing set(t-belt,water pump, balance belt, tensioner, rollers).
    I'll tell you from experience that the real GS motor is fast as hell and its better than having a head swap on a SOHC. principally because the GS motor and ecu utilize a knock sensor to allow the ecu to use more aggressive timing maps, and in turn use more aggressive fuel maps.
    but you would also have: a sunroof, four wheel antilock disc brakes, leather steeringwheel, 5 SPEED TRANNY, all the fixings.

just a little suspension tuning, an intake and exhaust , header, and that GS is a great all motor sleeper. Not to mention the timeless style.

or you could go at it like me and put a 4g63t into it. Then you would have the ultimate front wheel drive super touring sedan.
    let me know if you want my old motor, cause if you don't, i'm going to list it on ebay with the ECU.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

here is a pic of my old motor if you are interested.

http://www.iamsethmo.com/Pics/DOHCstunr/DOHCstunr.htm

its the first and third picture from the top if you didn't know.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

TGC Regular
    hiw much you want for the engine???

when is we gon be free????

pm me an offer

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

wolfie

im loking to buy or trade

if u have a gs with rear disk thats is what i need just keep us posted :mg:

Proto
    I love my GS 8)

There is a GS in my area for sale but a dealership has it and they obviously know they are rare because they are asking 6,000 for it. It only has 100,000 miles on it. Is this a good deal?

Proto
    :laughing: Mine only had 102k and I paid $1450 :laughing:

Quote Originally Posted by Proto
    :laughing: Mine only had 102k and I paid $1450 :laughing:

Rub it in

Proto
    I found another one but its auto for $1600 :laughing:

Russian7G
    Auto in GS is different from auto in other trims.

What is so special with the GS version, sorry I ask?
    And what does "GS" stands for?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast