The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: lookin for a 1994 GS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 38 of 38
    brandon
    GS has the dual overhead cam and an additional 20hp, plus rear disc brakes instead of drums.

Don't think the "GS" actually stands for anything...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>GS has the dual overhead cam and an additional 20hp, plus rear disc brakes instead of drums.

Don't think the "GS" actually stands for anything...</div>

Oh I see.. thanks

Nice car you have there.. You've been able to close the gab betweeen tire and the bumber nicely...

Proto
    The GS has a bunch of small extras also.

- DOHC head
    - 4 Wheel Disc Brakes w/ ABS
    - Tilt Headrests
    - Fold down backseats
    - Upgraded Interior (Material)
    - Lighted sunvisor mirrors
    - Power sunroof
    - Power mirrors
    - "Storage" space in the trunk
    - Foglights
    - Adjustable wiper speed
    - Electric antenna
    - Rear spoiler w/ LED so no 3rd brake light in back window

Probaly some more I don't have listed.

brandon
    Compression is also higher... 10:1

Proto
    The GS sounds more of a beast than the SOHC, so I don't think I'd ever get a
    SOHC again.

you can buy mines if i can't let it fix
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

SamirDarji
    Is the displacement of th gs engine 2.4L or 2.0L like the eclipse's 4g63? What is the engine code for the gs engine? 4g63? 4g64?

it's 2.4L....some sites claim it to be a 4G64K or sometimes it goes as either 4G64 DOHC or just 4G64
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

There's one less on the market, as I just grabbed one. Had to go up to Sacremento to get it too.

I'm curious what Russian7G meant about the auto being different in the GS, as the one I got is auto (yes, I actually wanted an automatic ). I should probably search though, huh? Damn newbies.
    Jesse

1994 Galant GS

The auto GS is not as hard to find as the 5 speed. The 5 speed GS is almost non existant. As for the difference in auto trannies between the GS and other trims, I didn't know there was a difference.

the GS 2.4 dohc also comes with a 60mm throttle body instead of the 52mm.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bradley1997)</div><div class='quotemain'>The auto GS is not as hard to find as the 5 speed. The 5 speed GS is almost non existant.</div>
    That's odd, 'cos I was told by someone else that the auto GS was rarer than the manual. I know that I have seen more manuals for sale on the various trader sites.

I love the car. Once I fix the ball joints, bushings idle probs, and little knick-knacky things, it'll officially be the best car I've ever owned.
    Jesse

1994 Galant GS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(grasshopper)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bradley1997)</div><div class='quotemain'>The auto GS is not as hard to find as the 5 speed. The 5 speed GS is almost non existant.</div>
    That's odd, 'cos I was told by someone else that the auto GS was rarer than the manual. I know that I have seen more manuals for sale on the various trader sites.

I love the car. Once I fix the ball joints, bushings idle probs, and little knick-knacky things, it'll officially be the best car I've ever owned.</div>

if you are replacing bushings, get a 2g eclipse polyurethane kit. cheaper than the factory bushings will ever be, and top notch handling.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Not many Galants were made with the 5 speed transmission. It was designed to be a family sedan so most were made with autos.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>Don't think the "GS" actually stands for anything...</div>
    Actually the "GS" stands for "Great Scott" as in the first time you get behind the wheel of the unassuming "family sedan" and put foot to floor you suddenly exclaim GREAT SCOTT!
    Eclipse
    --
    1994 Diamante LS - 220K+
    2003 Galant ES - 90K+

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Proto)</div><div class='quotemain'>The GS has a bunch of small extras also.

- DOHC head
    - 4 Wheel Disc Brakes w/ ABS
    - Tilt Headrests
    - Fold down backseats
    - Upgraded Interior (Material)
    - Lighted sunvisor mirrors
    - Power sunroof
    - Power mirrors
    - "Storage" space in the trunk
    - Foglights
    - Adjustable wiper speed
    - Electric antenna
    - Rear spoiler w/ LED so no 3rd brake light in back window

Probaly some more I don't have listed.</div>
    The LS has all of those except the Performance items, though. I've never seen an S. I just assumed the "Storage" space under the trunk and the fold down seats were a Galant standard, not a Trim standard. Why is it, (way off topic), that no one seems to even know that the 94 Galant even had foglights on any trim level? Several books and auto parts stores and nothing. I'm too lazy to pull the bulb to find out what it is without having one to put back in, guess I'll just have to break down and do it.
    Eclipse
    --
    1994 Diamante LS - 220K+
    2003 Galant ES - 90K+

The fog bulb is an H3. It's a pain to change though. The bracket screws on mine were so tight I stripped the heads. I couldn't get my hands around to determine how to change the bulb without removing the lamp. Ended up changing the bulbs while I had the whole bumper off to replace the headlamp assemblies.
    Jesse

1994 Galant GS

TGC Regular
    anyone selling a 7g for cheap??? running or not

when is we gon be free????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12