The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Foglight to H7

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Foglight to H7

Does anyone know if I can connect my foglight wiring to my H7 harness (for low beam)? I just thought that using it will be easier because both of them have 2 wires-- a positive and a negative. By the way, I don't have foglights anymore and the wires for them are just hanging...

the h7 bulb has 2 wires. positive and negative. and then the foglight harness has positive and negative. just match positive to positive and negative to negative

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i don't get why you want to do this...

I'm doing this cuz I'm planning to put a H1 harness to my stock h4, and prolly it'll be easier I guess...

why not use the low beams form the h4 also?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(icEbErg629)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm doing this cuz I'm planning to put a H1 harness to my stock h4, and prolly it'll be easier I guess...</div>

i still don't get it.

ok I've got JDMs. What I have in mind is to have the H7 and H1 ON at the same time. Now I'm not sure if the H1 bulb can be used as low beam also. I don't have any foglights anymore so I figured to make use of the wires hanging. Should I connect the foglight wire to my H1 harness and then tap an H7 harness to my stock H4?

I've read Reelax's tutorial but how will I be able to tell which wire is for low and which for high beam out of the 3 wires in an H4? I'm assuming the ground will be used as a negative? I don't have any voltmeter or anything, it's just confusing H4 wires are multi-colored. Any help will be appreciated.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(icEbErg629)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok I've got JDMs. Â*What I have in mind is to have the H7 and H1 ON at the same time. Â*Now I'm not sure if the H1 bulb can be used as low beam also. Â*I don't have any foglights anymore so I figured to make use of the wires hanging. Â*Should I connect the foglight wire to my H1 harness and then tap an H7 harness to my stock H4?

I've read Reelax's tutorial but how will I be able to tell which wire is for low and which for high beam out of the 3 wires in an H4? Â*I'm assuming the ground will be used as a negative? Â*I don't have any voltmeter or anything, it's just confusing H4 wires are multi-colored. Â*Any help will be appreciated.</div>

go to radio shack and get a wire tester for like 5 bucks. just get one that lights up when there is current... then u can turn on you headlights and test which positive wire is high and which one is low. after you know which wire is which, it's really easy to wire the JDM's. also u wanna do the diode trick to activat the hi and low together so that u maintain the stock switch. don't mess w/ wiring your fogs to your heads... that's just asking for more trouble.

after u id the wires go read my wiring plan again. it'll make more sense.