The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: custom intake manifold

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    maximus

custom intake manifold

Alright guys I am building my own custom intake manifold and I am at the point where I need to decide if I should remove the egr valve.If I do this I will remove it at the intake manifold flange.I will be running a turbo with this set-up but I need to know if anybody else has done this and if there are any side effects.I am not worried about emmissions or testing we do not have that in maine.If I do this I will be blocking it off not running it to the atmosphere.Let me know if anybody else has done this on there I-4 and if it is worth it.Thanks maximus

ken inn
    you might throw a ce lite.

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    is there a performance intake manifold on the market somewhere?

BlankMan
    No - not yet. RIPP is working on one but no dates on when that will be out.

Regarding the block off plate: I wouldn't do it. Unless there are design reasons, there are no other benefits to blocking of the EGR flow.

J

actually by blocking off the egr, yoyu are keeping exhaust gas from being fed back into your #4 cylinder.(on a 4cylinder)
    HOT, VERY LOW OXYGEN exhaust gases back into your intake.
    by blocking off the egr you can keep the ecu from leaning out the fuel mixture through that method.

you might trip a check enginelight, but if you are turbo charging a NA car, then you should be using a datalogger anyways, which will allow you to reset the CEL.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    If you block it off you will have less vacuum line mess in the engine bay. You will not see any benifits from it except less chance for a boost leak if you are going to turbo it.
    7g for life!

maximus
    Thanks guys for your post's I will have to do some more resaerch on this but I think I will block it off.One of my main concerns was that there would be more pressure trapped in the head.The other way I was thinking is running a pipe from the intake manifold flange where the egr valve is attached back to the exhaust,That way it could vent and not be restricted.I think I have an idea for the egr codes I will have to play around with it to see if it works or not.If you guys think of anything else on this subject let me know.Thanks again maximus