The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2001 es galant transmission swap

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

2001 es galant transmission swap

i was just wondering if someone knew what manual transmission would fit on the 2001 es galant. if someone has all ready done the swap please help me cuz autos are gay :x

8ggalant
    3rd gen eclipse tranny

please do a search...the parts list is on the forum sumwhere

i say if u gonna do a tranny swap get a tranny from a a 02-03 i think the newer the better im currently doing that rite got my stuff from a 02 gs with like 30k miles on da tranny ill have pics off the swap as soon as im done
    Sold Burgandy ES 2001

Now Own A 2002 Subaru Wrx

nice yea hopefully u get those pics up soon i just found a Twin Turbo 6G72 Engine with 5 speed tranny for 2700 $ with shipping that possible?

if you got a 4cyl and u tryin to put a v6 wont you have to do sumthing with the subframe or sumhing im not to sure
    Sold Burgandy ES 2001

Faction
    i4 engien and a v6 tranny won't work buddy.

yea i agree cuz from wat ive read " Heres a theory that has been partially proven with my car... any of the 4gxx tranny bell housings will bolt up to any of the 4gxx blocks as long as they are in the same generation...
    and any of the 6gxx tranny bell housings will bolt up to any of the 6gxx blocks as long as they are in the same generation
    BUT a 4gxx tranny bell housing will NOT bolt up to a 6gzz block and a 6gxx tranny bell housing will NOT bolt up to a 4gxx block."dont remember who told me that but a few people ive talked to said the same and they also said messesin around with the subframe.
    Sold Burgandy ES 2001

8ggalant
    blu if u need any help or have any ?'s let me know...u doin the swap @ home or in VA??

im in va now i just need a few parts liek the gear shifter and cables but no junk yards aroudn here gotta 3g's they all seem to have dem 1/2g's eclipse and talons i went to the dealership and they even recommened me that i go to a junkyard so im still searchin still
    Sold Burgandy ES 2001

i dont know if u guys knew this but the Twin Turbo 6G72 Engine is a v6 thats what they have on the legnum no? and the tranny comes with it so the only thing u have to worry about is cuttin to make it fit .

8ggalant
    the legnum does not have that engine :?

Not sure why you posted this in the New Members forum, so I'm moving it.

Censee
    Quote Originally Posted by tomxhung
    i dont know if u guys knew this but the Twin Turbo 6G72 Engine is a v6 thats what they have on the legnum no? and the tranny comes with it so the only thing u have to worry about is cuttin to make it fit .
    no u are wrong... the 6g72tt is on the 3000gt vr4,,,,,,the motor is faced the opposite ways,,and the tranny doesnt sit in the same side as our 8gs....the legnum vr4s dont come with 6g72tt...neither do the galant vr4s

yea i went to acasto customs a local shop they told me with the engine and work it would cost around 20 K worth it?

8ggalant
    yea i went to acasto customs a local shop they told me with the engine and work it would cost around 20 K worth it?
    :shock: WTF..yer well on yer way to a REAL IMPORTED 8g vr4 @ that price...thats sounds a bit much to me..i mean there is sum customization needed but 14000 in labor thats ridiculous (thats w/ motor, tranny, standalone ecu and maybe exhaust costing 6k, which wouldnt be a ridiculous price for all parts mentioned)

Censee

i think that shop is trying to fuck u in the ass,,,,,20k for an engine swap is fucking ridiculous,,,,i woulda sent them to hell at that moment..if ure gonna do a motor swap,,do the evo swap...u will need the motor,,and a 3g manual tranny....and other misc. stuff,,but definately not even close to 20k.....

hmmm than in that case do u guys know of any sites where i can get a vr4 imported ?