The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: squeak

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    pads are covered for one year i had mine replaced try looking for another dealer took me a long time before i found one so have some patience, and another problem i had was when i break, it was really embarassing to hear those rubbing metal sound when i break, and the mechanic told me that it was actually the hub see if your hubs aren't loose

Why not just upgrade the rotors and pads? Mitsu brakes suck anyway.

DiamondCut
    If the brakes and rotors are the only problem then that is what I will do. I just want to be sure that's the only problem going on with my car. I am mainly concerned about the noise it is making when I drive in reverse.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DiamondCut)</div><div class='quotemain'>If the brakes and rotors are the only problem then that is what I will do. I just want to be sure that's the only problem going on with my car. I am mainly concerned about the noise it is making when I drive in reverse.</div>

i agree try solving the prob first before investing on something anyways if you read your manual the brakes and rotors are covered for one year and again try bringing it to a different dealership

DiamondCut
    I can't find my manual. I have tried looking online for warranty info but haven't found anything. The dealership says the brakes are covered, but not the pads. Does the manual say how many miles before the brakes aren't covered? I bought the car used so I am the second owner and I think the 1 year doesn't apply to me.

20 000 kilometers or 1 year on the warranty book which is also the maintainance booklet

I have had my 9G for 3 weeks.Used with under 14,000 miles. I am xperiencing the brake issues also. If this is something "regular" how can I be sure to know when it actually is time to change my brakes.
    You can do what makes you look good for a moment...what about the following moments?
    You can say what makes you seem smart at the time....what about the rest of the time. You can act like you care for the time being...what about every other time. STOP FRONTING BE U.
    WHETHER WOMAN,WITCH,BITCH,HO,LADY,OR MS.ALLLLLLL DAT. CAUSE I'M GON BE ME....LADY LOVE!!

if you're feeling something on your brakes get it checked asap

I don't know if you guys knew this or not, but pads/rotors need x amount of heat before they are fully effective, most aftermarket pads that I've seen have a little squeak to them as they haven't been heated up yet but once they do they are fine.

It's one thing if they are squeaking, it's another thing if you can feel it in the pedal when it does that and the noise is a bit louder.

I personally haven't had this problem with mine and it has 50k miles on the clock.
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant LS - 3.8L V6 - "The G" - 14.62 @ 95.52

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12