The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: at least im workin on pimping my car

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28
    Tex71x

at least im workin on pimping my car

im gettin 3 tens put in this weekend i get paid today... so now i get to go to best buy and buy an amp... i already got the subs... oh does anybody know how to do this or have a link to put in subs/amps cuz i dont wanna pay best buy 50 bucks just to get my subs put in....

I have no idea how to install that stuff myself. But it sounds like your car is going to hit hard. I am in the process to upgrade my ICE too, just some audiobahn 6x9 speakers and small pheonix gold amp (80x2RMS). I personally would not go to bestbuy, I would get my parts/speakers/amps online and have a specialized shop in my area install it (the shop I go to is vision audio in cameron, Mo).

onlinecarstereo.com
    cardomain.com
    crutchfield.com

^^all good places to shop for high quality components, bestbuy usually pushes the cheap stuff at high prices.

TGC Regular
    what kind of subs are you getting?
    and what kind of amp are you getting?
    are you going to use the amp just for the subs?

yeh, although i dont get my stuff online, i also get it installed at real audio shops. if you wanna learn alot about car audio, i suggest checking out www.elitecaraudio.com , its a forum, they have alot of experts there, and u can do some good research too.

Please, whatever you do, don't buy from bestbuy... COMPLETE waste of money. Shop online, you will get a MUCH, MUCH better deal, and for what you pay at bestbuy, you can get a much better amp. Hell, give me $50 and ill find it for you, you probably will still be paying under bestbuys price

Installing is easy, if you want to take the time. If you don't have the time, go to an audio shop. But if you want to learn, incase you want to upgrade, or change your setup, it takes time, but is overall pretty simple work.

Tex71x
    well im getting three MTX 10" subs and probably a profile amp... thats what my friend told me to get

TGC Regular
    well, its not exactly high-end, how much money were you looking to spend? what kind of music do you listen to? are you looking for SQ or SPL?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tex71x)</div><div class='quotemain'>well im getting three MTX 10" subs and probably a profile amp... thats what my friend told me to get</div>

I definatly would of gone with a different setup, not a fan of either company... but to each his own. How much did you pay for the subs, just curious?

Tex71x
    30 bucks used...

i dont care about spending a whole lotta money but something is better than stock

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tex71x)</div><div class='quotemain'>30 bucks used...

i dont care about spending a whole lotta money but something is better than stock</div>

Ah ok, well at least you didn't over pay for them... would still recomend getting the amp online though.

Tex71x
    my dad has his own buisness and i can get car stuff for wholesale... all i gotta pay is the shipping

TGC Regular
    so why did u go to bestbuy?

Tex71x
    i didnt silly goose i said i was gonna go.... cuz my dad yells at me when i ask to do stuff

TGC Regular
    okay, good, dont.

so you say u can get it from the manufacturer for wholesale?? or from a wholesale dealer or what?

the hardest part about putting in subs and an amp is running the wires. everything else is just matching up the wires. gotta run the power wire from the battery to the amp. the signal wires from the radio to the amp and then the speaker wires from the amp to the speakers/subs

best buy has soon good deals sometimes. i got my RF subs for 10 bucks a pop. i know they aren't the best in the world but for 10 bucks, who can find a better deal than that.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Tex71x
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cardude03)</div><div class='quotemain'>okay, good, dont.

so you say u can get it from the manufacturer for wholesale?? or from a wholesale dealer or what?</div>

my dad owns a home theater buisness BUT in his little catalogs he can get some pretty good car audio for wholesale i guess hes a dealer... i priced out a 3500 retail cerwin vega with dual 15s and two 1500w amps for 850
    so i think its a pretty good deal... i just dont wanna spend 850 bucks... i wanna spend like 150..

TGC Regular
    well think about it this way. you spend 150 now, and then 500 later when you want to upgrade. why not just spend 500 now and save 150?

Tex71x
    cuz i have to save for europe, im going backpacking this summer

TGC Regular
    okay, well, umm, do you think that 3 10's with an amp would be cheaper than 1 12 or 15 with an amp?

Tex71x
    30 dollars for 3 10s? i dont think you can get a better deal than that

shannon957g
    I used to work at Best Buy.

You said you got RF subs for 10 bucks a pop?

Shit boy, because cost price to best buy for 10 in "Punch" subs is somewhere around 31.00. You got a goooooood deal.

If you ever work at best buy, all you have to do is pay cost of the item plus 5 % plus you get installation half price and performance service plans at half price or cheaper.

If you ever work there...don't be a cashier... :x enough said.
    Good luck with your set up though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast