The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Does something look fishy about this???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29

Does something look fishy about this???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=1866468153

1995-1999 CHRYSLER TALON

1994-1998 MITSUBISH GALANT

DROP

1"-4" ADJUSTABLE
    Chyrstler Talon??? I know the NA's have a chrstler 420A, but sheesh, get it right. And if they fit the 2g talon, why not the 2g eclipse. And if they fit the 2g Talon, then the suspension is slightly different for the Galant considering they are different weight and they ride differently.

Anybody get a set of these???

Technically, Chrysler owns Dodge, Plymouth, Jeep and Eagle, so Chrysler Talon may not be the direct name, but the Eagle Talon is a Chrysler, and they should fit

Experienced TGC Member
    Abviously the seller is just a dumbass and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could... plant malicious logic in his registry files when he opens my email.

They will fit, though. Not too sure about the quality, never heard of "SpringTech" must be the same guys as "RotoTech"
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

queball
    Well if the guy that is selling them knew any thing about cars he would know that its a Eagle Talon not Chrystal although the same company, but the Talon is the exact same car as the eclips just a little differand rear and nose..

schick
    The springs on the auction on the last post look alot like Ground Control's CO kit, with the single lower adjuster with the allen wrench.

IllestGalant
    That little sentence that says "Your springs may look different"
    That's there for a reason. You bet your ass their gonna look different!

I ended up buying them. They look just as pictured.

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse)</div><div class='quotemain'>I ended up buying them. Â*They look just as pictured.</div>

Which ones the red ones or the blue???? And did you get them on yet?? If so how are they??? I saw those also a few months ago but t=didnt know what to think about them.
    Im Broke! Send Donations to "Brandon's Future Mods Fund"

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    He got the red ones and has them on now with some AGXs. He says the ride is rather bumpy but he likes it that way. Plus he has it slammed so tht doesnt help much either But they are cheap. Im gonna wait a bit and see if Jesse has any problems with em, if he does then I will probably shell out the xtra cash for some GroundControls
    7g for life!

TGC Regular
    I see......ok honestly i dont know crap about this stuff......but a quick question. Can any coilover or spring that will fit an 95-99 eclipse fit our cars???? Im more leaning towards coilovers so i can raise it to stock height during the winter. The only other coilovers i know of are the Skunk2..but those are kind pricey. Any other ones fit our cars that might be a little cheaper. Sorry for changing the topic a little. Thanks

from what i hear the coilovers from the eclipse and what not may fit but the spring ratios are different so i am not sure how ur car will ride with them on

GroundControls are the best coilovers for the Galant but they are like $300-400. Skunk2s are cheaper but are not as good of quality. And then theres crap like Aerospeed and stuff but Id probably rather buy the coilovers off of eBay
    7g for life!

TGC Regular
    Ok thanks dude....I'll check with Jesse in the future to see how he is making out with the ebay ones.

I didn't know aerospeed makes coilovers for the galant, if they did, I'd buy them in a heart beat. We put aerospeed's on my friends 98 civic and slammed it 4" and it rode awesome for 2 months with stock struts. If he had performance struts, I know they would've been awesome for years.

My coilovers are the red ones, they settled after about 5 days and became less bumpy, but they are still bumpy.

I have the car up as high as it goes and it was still lowered about 3". I can go down 3" more if I lower the coilovers, so that's a total of 6" of height. My car is only 1.75 - 2" off the ground now, so I'll leave them as high as they go.

I can start from a stop and with the wheels turned as sharp as they can and accelerate to 25mph and spin in a tight circle without any sliding or anything. That's how good the handling has become. The bumps get annoying, but with low low low profile tires, you'll have that. I believe they're definitely worth the $100 I paid for them.

They were made for talon which means they're also made for the eclipse. Springs and coilovers both work for galant/eclipse/talon.

For struts, I had to have my car ovaled out a little bit in the rear for the AGX's to fit. They are made for the Galant. Only the front is universal with the eclipse. I found out that Koni makes gas struts for us, but they aren't adjustable.

TGC Regular
    They were made for talon which means they're also made for the eclipse. Springs and coilovers both work for galant/eclipse/talon.
    So you mean if i find coilover/springs for an eclipse (any brand) they will fit???

Experienced TGC Member
    [quote="BLsGalant97"]
    So you mean if i find coilover/springs for an eclipse (any brand) they will fit???[/quote

YES indeedeee. Try to make it a 95-99 non-turbo though, that would be the closest match.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse)</div><div class='quotemain'>I didn't know aerospeed makes coilovers for the galant, if they did, I'd buy them in a heart beat. Â*We put aerospeed's on my friends 98 civic and slammed it 4" and it rode awesome for 2 months with stock struts. Â*If he had performance struts, I know they would've been awesome for years.
    </div>

click here

at only $150 its worth a try. i dont know how good of quality they are though
    7g for life!

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jesse)</div><div class='quotemain'>I didn't know aerospeed makes coilovers for the galant, if they did, I'd buy them in a heart beat. Â*We put aerospeed's on my friends 98 civic and slammed it 4" and it rode awesome for 2 months with stock struts. Â*If he had performance struts, I know they would've been awesome for years.
    </div>

click here

at only $150 its worth a try. i dont know how good of quality they are though</div>

wow and shipping is only $1.50

BEAST
    Yea I was looking into getting those Spring Tech coilovers. I don't know if I should get the aerospeed ones though cause their only $50 more. Decisions, desicisions.

Get aerospeed, that's my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast