The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Quick Question..

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    _Nosnivs_

Quick Question..

Hows it goin?

I just got a quick question: I just bought some 17x7's, I still need to get tires, but I'm not sure if there is a recommended tire that is inexpensive?

Also, do I need any modifications at all to throw these rims on? I'm not dropped or anything, I've done nothing with my suspension, I'm thinking it should be fine, but I'm not too familar with wheels and suspension and all that, and since almost everyone here has some experience with it, I figured I'd ask.

Thanks

8G_GTZ
    for an 8G, go with the Falken ZIEX 512 size 215/40 or 45ZR17. they are between 85-100 a piece. fairly cheap if you ask me. that's what i'm rolling on right now and have for the last 2yrs. they are all weather/season. and have a treadware rating of 360. great traction when not bald of course. sorry for the "review". lol

steve

_Nosnivs_
    haha, I appreciate the quick response man.

I notice you have a 7g, so I'm doubtin u know the answer since u didnt answer it, but do ya know if I needa change my suspension any?

Thanks again

if you get the right tire size no suspension changes are necessary. many people lower their cars after getting plus sized wheels though because hte wheel gap is exaggerated.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

8G_GTZ
    yeah sorry, like sr. said above, no suspension changes will need to be made. just slap those wheels on! but on a 7" wide wheel, the widest tire avail. is a 215. how thick you want them is your option based on how bad the roads are. mine are 17x7 with 205/40 which is the smallest tire you can get because i don't like flex at all.

Steve

_Nosnivs_
    Thanks, I appreciate everyones help, Wasn't expecting good help so fast..Now I can go get the tires tomorrow and hopefully throw em on. Thanks again

8G_GTZ
    make sure you get pics up!!!

Steve

I'd go with 225/45/17 tires. They will fit. I had them on my old chrome rims which were 17x7.