The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: you guys who have 2pc jdms.

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

you guys who have 2pc jdms.

just got my pair from FrankMB. Question, I know these use h3 and h4 but what bulb would I use for the corners?

brandon

Re: you guys who have 2pc jdms.

Quote Originally Posted by 95mitsu03
    just got my pair from FrankMB. Question, I know these use h3 and h4 but what bulb would I use for the corners?
    I have the one piece... but I think they're the same bulbs, and you can just use your old turn signals.

I would need a harness right? what else would I need?

You can get a 9006 to h4 harness online. Fairly easy to find if you Google it. The brights are H1s if I remember correct. I fried my brights when I first put them in, so I've got nothing for ya there. And the corners are a perfect fit for the turn signals.

First one: Red 88 - 245whp/312wtq - HIN: Nightshift - Chicago '07 WINNER
    Second one: Durban 88 - Buckskin - SHP - Auto - Sold to more capable hands
    Next one: White 84 flatty - t3/t4 - VELNAS - More to come

"...Remember: Don't crush 'em, restore 'em!"

brandon
    Harnesses are only needed for your lo and hi beams (if you choose to wire the hi beams separately).

Like Maz said, you can find em easy online, or you can go to Pep Boys or your local auto parts store and they should have em too.

does anyone have the wiring diagram for this?

Quote Originally Posted by brandon
    if I get this harness I wont need to rewire right?
    http://shop.store.yahoo.com/urbanimport/90...90h4conhar.html

brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by 95mitsu03
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon
    if I get this harness I wont need to rewire right?
    http://shop.store.yahoo.com/urbanimport/90...90h4conhar.html
    Not 100% sure, but I would assume so. It should just be plug and play, and thus the high price. If you just buy the harnesses from Pep Boys or someplace and wire it like qnzfinest's diagram, you spend around $10.

yea thats it. you don't need 10 though...

if you plan on using high wattage bulbs you should consider a better socket cuz im willing to bet with that price, that that socket will melt with high wattage bulbs

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

got a heat resistant harness, and one question about the turn signal. if I put a double filiment bulb, will it light up like a regular corner? I can us as turn signal too?

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    As for the corners, you don't need to change a thing. You're turn signal that is in front, now will go into the corner. You don't need to buy anything.

If you have to do anything at all you might need to get a razor blade. Look at the hole in the corner for the signal plug, then look at the plug itself. i think one of the notches on the plug will be just ever so slightly bigger than one of the holes. you'll need the razor blade to cut off just a small piece of the notch so it will fit into the hole. I can't explain to you how small the amount is you'll need to cut off and it will fit. Talking millimeters.

Now if you want to clear you're corners like i did, then you'll need to heat the silicone around the corner and pull the plastic off. the yellow in the corner is a bulb shaped piece of plastic, but it's screwed in. you can't break the plastic bulb out. get some silicone and put it back together.