The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: difference between catback vs custom piping??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 46 of 46
    You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    If your car is automatic, I don't think you'll get as loud a growl as with manual tranny.

Censee
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(neel9)</div><div class='quotemain'>i already have a espilier muffler and a custom piping done to it so.,. a 2.5"'.. finally i got to know.. so..is it going to be a problem having these 2 things too?</div>

yes if u have a hi flo cat and a 2.5 inch catback,,ure car will explode when it hits 90k miles.......,,,,,,,neel i think u are very paranoid,,,lol,, dont worry bro nothing will happen to your car......lol..

Does any company produce hi flow cats for the 8G, and if so who and how much?

Censee
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SkylineG1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Does any company produce hi flow cats for the 8G, and if so who and how much?</div> i dunno i got a universal one by catco,,,,,at local shop here

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Censee)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SkylineG1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Does any company produce hi flow cats for the 8G, and if so who and how much?</div> i dunno i got a universal one by catco,,,,,at local shop here</div>

I'll check wit the local muffler shop. Thanx Cencee.

exhaust

Sup,
    I actually noticed a difference in rpms also.. with the megan racing catback i believe i lost a small bit of off the line torque although it was already slow. Believe it or not i use to be able to chirp a little if i punched it with the stock exhaust. I uped to the catback from megan racing which sounds great and u can hear the down shifting pretty well but now i feel a good difference in the high end power and i have great response over like 40 or so mph. My down shifts are normal till 3 to second and then it seems to slow down a little bit faster than normal. I dunno if this is what your talking about but if it is i notice it too. My piping is 2.5 in though and it is a catback exhaust not custom piping hench just flanges and bends all the way back.. pics at http://members.cardomain.com/johnnyr555
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123