The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Do i need these?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    TGC Regular

Do i need these?

Do i need those still when i replace my struts with the AGX's?? Or does it come with new ones?

if those are the bump stops you do need them. you have to cut them in half if your installing lowering springs
    it's good to be stroked, better to be blown

BlankMan
    The bump stops are the yellow-ish things on the right - yes you should cut them in half and re-install them on the new shocks if your lowered.

The other thing is just a dust cover. It's a good idea to keep it, but not required.

J

TGC Regular
    Is there a reason you have to cut them, because I did'nt cut mine when I was installing my Eibach springs.

the reason for cutting your bump stops is to compisate for the ride hight of your car. since you lowere your car you need smaller bump stops
    it's good to be stroked, better to be blown

Quote Originally Posted by devgrp
    Is there a reason you have to cut them, because I did'nt cut mine when I was installing my Eibach springs.
    You don't need to worry about cutting them with a small drop like you get with the Eibach springs. I cut mine when I had the Progress springs because of the big drop they give. By cutting them in half, your suspension will be able to travel a little bit more before it can bottom out, and you shouldn't bottom out with a small drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ View Post
    You don't need to worry about cutting them with a small drop like you get with the Eibach springs. I cut mine when I had the Progress springs because of the big drop they give. By cutting them in half, your suspension will be able to travel a little bit more before it can bottom out, and you shouldn't bottom out with a small drop.
    Should I cut my Tein S-tech bump stops (on gr-2's?)
    1.7 front, 1.3 rear drop

Should I cut my Tein S-tech bump stops (on AGX?)
    1.7 front, 1.3 rear drop

I ask this for me...

See they are talking about the bump stop on the shock, I'm asking about the springs themselves

This is over 4 years old

I still bottom out places and I didnt cut anything with my stechs on gr2s mostly I just bottom out at gabes house but driveways suck

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    This is over 4 years old

I still bottom out places and I didnt cut anything with my stechs on gr2s mostly I just bottom out at gabes house but driveways suck
    So you didn't cut them and you like them the way they are? They look good on your car, that's damn sure :)

Oh and is there a way to put in the front springs "upside down", I mean do the bump stops go near the TOP of the shock, or near the bottom of it... So when it is on the car should the brown bump stops be "facing" down, or up?