The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Anyones paint fading on their 8th gen?

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    8GalantSleeper

Anyones paint fading on their 8th gen?

Well i noticed that my paint is fading pretty bad, since its a black car, it appears white, and looks like shit. ive kept the car in excellent condition, and i would think the paint would last a lot longer, but then again i look at older eclipses and the whole cars can have whitish blotches on them!!

maybe its just a mitsu thing??

it is a common problem. there are alot of people that have that problem.

It happens with every black car... I believe black is just more sensitive. However you might want to check if you have warranty on the painting, I really don't know what's the case with that here... Mine is fine for now, but it's an 'O1 and always kept in garage.

Experienced TGC Member

Re: Anyones paint fading on their 8th gen?

Quote Originally Posted by 8GalantSleeper
    Well i noticed that my paint is fading pretty bad, since its a black car, it appears white, and looks like shit. ive kept the car in excellent condition, and i would think the paint would last a lot longer, but then again i look at older eclipses and the whole cars can have whitish blotches on them!!

maybe its just a mitsu thing??

yeah my black 99 es does the same thing , my twin brother also has a black 00 de, does the same thing, The problem is not the paint, its the clear coat is starting to come off and its seeping in the paint. I went to the dealship and you can actually get your car repaint if your still have your warranty on. Its the anti corrsion warraty, It last up to 100,000 miles. What they told me was you are supposed to keep wax on your car.

8GalantSleeper
    thanks guys for the info, ya the clear that mitsu uses most be shitty!!! i mean at least its lasted 5 years, and i think im over the 100,000 mile mark, not sure, if im not i would be really happy!!

Censee
    u think u guys have it bad,,,u guys ever see mirage owners? that paint is garbage.......especially red mirages,,seems the paint they use is shitty

01GalantLSV6
    the paint on our cars is also different by model. all DE and ES models (even the es v6) got this low grade of paint. LS and GTZ models got a much better quality of paint, with a more metallic shine to it, as well as more clearcoat. me and brian (stewi) were hanging out this past summer and we noticed considerable difference in my silver compared to his silver, my silver was much deeper, had a much greater shine, and was in excellent shape. after my car is freshly washed and simonized, it sparkles and has depth just like new.

here is a pic of my car after being washed. my car has 50k miles, and has been through 4 very harsh long island winters ungaraged. so it has dealt with snow, ice, ice pellets, rain, wind, everything you can throw at it. all i did was made sure i washed it once a week either myself or at the car wash.

Quote Originally Posted by 01GalantLSV6
    me and brian (stewi) were hanging out this past summer and we noticed considerable difference in my silver compared to his silver, my silver was much deeper, had a much greater shine, and was in excellent shape. after my car is freshly washed and simonized, it sparkles and has depth just like new.
    isn't brian's car a 99? which has a totally different silver from the other years

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pvu_rida
    my twin brother also has a black 00 de, does the same thing.
    I didn't know you have twin bro Cheek? And drives a Galant? You never told me that. Cool! 8) 8) 8)

Experienced TGC Member

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot
    Quote Originally Posted by pvu_rida
    I didn't know you have twin bro Cheek? And drives a Galant? You never told me that. Cool! 8) 8) 8)

Yeah Pete, U know my twin, Just think about it? Same black car, Same rear Visor, But i have a spoiler and he doesnt, and we have two different kinds of rims.

gtz_03

I have an 03 black gtz its not fading but Ive noticed it chips alot more than normal driving should, Ive got one of the paint pens from the mitsubishi dealer and it works well but i still wouldnt use it if i didnt have to, when you wash your car, especially with black, you can see the touch ups

i have a 2001 black DE and i took it to the dealer and they repainted all the top surfaces for free. my cars warranty had just ended but they did it anyway. the paint job was done back in november or december or something like that and now it still looks good. it doesnt appreciate wax as much as the factory paint job does but just a normal cleaning makes it look really good.
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

well my car is a es V6.. bought in 1999... its a 2000 model... anyways.. 3 of the years sat outside during sun and winter... and the other 3 been garage kept.. and look how it shines...

Diego

G-spot wrote:
    pvu_rida wrote:

I didn't know you have twin bro Cheek? And drives a Galant? You never told me that. Cool!
    pvu_rida wrote:

Yeah Pete, U know my twin, Just think about it? Same black car, Same rear Visor, But i have a spoiler and he doesnt, and we have two different kinds of rims.
    Damn!!!! So Bake is your twin! Never would have guessed. But then again I only saw you at the christmas meet.

Back from the dead!!!