The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Who has the S15 Erac1ing kit installed and painted?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar

Who has the S15 Erac1ing kit installed and painted?

Hey guys i was just wanting to take a tally of who actually bought the kit and if anyone has it painted yet. I wanna try to have mine on and painted sometime this month. I was wondering if anyone beat me too it (peano?)

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    S15? are you talking about their body kit made for the 7G? neve heard of the S15 though....
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Censee
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    S15? are you talking about their body kit made for the 7G? neve heard of the S15 though....
    well if im not mistaken they got that mold off some sorta 240.....other companies call it the "drift" kit,,,,since i think most of em were made for silvias,,,,yea peano im sure he meant the kit u have

yeah, my friend has a poster of some drift cars, and the front bumper we had made is exactly like the front of the S15 silvia drift machine complete with the double lip at the bottom of the front and the side vents There was another, 240 i think, with the front end silvia conversion, but it didn't have the double lip or the side vents.
    I thought about what a silvia conversion would look like on a galant, but i also thought that since soooo many people were doing it to every other car out there, it wasn't all that original of a thought.
    The original pic we saw was a kit made for the 240, but it originates from the drift kit for the S15.....(i think)

i'll ask him if his poster has a web address on it so then i can see if they have any pics i can post to show peeps.

Peano, have you had your's painted yet?

The kit i saw was on a Signal Auto S15 silvia drift machine, but when i did a web search i couldnt find the car i was looking for. Then my friend said it was out of modified mag, and i looked on their sight and found the web artical about Signal Auto and the drift event, but all the pics are red X's go figure.

I'd rather call it an S15 as opposed to a 240, probably get more style points from judges who look at your car.

ok guys i've been trying to fit the rear bumper to my car, any one have any tips. I now know that i'll lose the rear bumper support. I'm also thinking that i'll have to use the bumper trim fitting thingy that goes all the way around, but i'll have to turn the middle part upside down, and then bolt it back on for proper support.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice
    ok guys i've been trying to fit the rear bumper to my car, any one have any tips. I now know that i'll lose the rear bumper support. I'm also thinking that i'll have to use the bumper trim fitting thingy that goes all the way around, but i'll have to turn the middle part upside down, and then bolt it back on for proper support.
    what problems are you having? it's a little squirmy going on
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

brandon
    You just have to slide it over the bracket that goes from wheel well to wheel well. Try bending it up with a screwdriver or pliers all the way around so it'll sit snugly.

I had to loosen the bolts that hold that metal bracket on. I didn't take it off completely, I just loosened all the bolts so that there was some play in it; so it would sag down a little. Then the bumper fit's in a little easier. After you have the bumper in there where it's supposed to go, tighten the bolts back up. Good luck.

Post some pics.

well i saw how peano had to put screws in the rear deck. But my rear bumper was bowed out soo much on the sides that when i used just the screw in the corner buy the wheel well, the bumper was starting to break in the corner by the screw.

I ended up, using the brace for support of the bumper. I used small rivets to hold the bumper to the brace like the old bumper did. I guess the guy that's going to paint it, is going to have to smooth out those rivet heads., Oh well, the first time i fit it, it had gaps, now it doesn't have any gaps.

I also cut out holes for the side markers. i guess i'm learning as i go :?

brandon
    Brace support as in the metal bracket or the original bumper reinforcement?

If you used the bracket support, all you really have to do is bend it upwards all the way around and it should sit nice and tight, even with just the one bolt in each wheel well.

basically my rear bumper was molded like this __/

so i used the bracket to keep it in this position |__|
    before using the bracket it was trying to bow out to it's original position where the only thing holding it in place was the screw.

I just hope i don't have the same problem with the front.