The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AVERAGE TOP SPEED

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31

AVERAGE TOP SPEED

WHAT IS THE TOP SPEED FOR ANY 2003 2.4L(SORRY DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO CALL IT) GALANTS

I'M ASKING BECAUSE WHEN I BOUGHT MINE I TOPPED OUT AT 120MPH AND I WANT TO KNOW IF IT WILL STOP THERE WITHOUT MAJOR ADJUSTMENTS(ENGINE SWAP ETC.)

Faction
    fucking search and stop using caps, its getting on my nerves!

NYmagicstk
    <span style='color:BLUE'>WHY WOULD ALL CAPS GET ON YOUR NERVES? IT'S JUST TYPE. SO, YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT BY ME TYPING THIS USELESS PARAGRAPH, I JUST PISSED IN YOUR CORNFLAKES? D-OH! I KEEP DOING IT!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!

ANYWAY, Lol. BACK TO THE TOPIC. JUST TO BE AN ADULT ON THE FORUM, "YOU SHOULDN'T BE DRIVING THAT FAST ANYWAY." BUT I GOT MINE UP TO 120 ON THE SPEEDOMETER I THINK I WAS GOING FASTER THAN THAT THOUGH (I HAVE AN O1 ES 4CYL), BUT JUST CAUSE THE NEEDLE STOPS THERE, DOESN'T MEAN SHIT TILL YOUR CAR GOVERNS ITSELF DOWN. I'M UNSURE AS TO WHETHER OUR CARS HAVE GOVERNORS THOUGH. I DISLIKE THE DAMN THINGS ANYWAY... "LET THE ENGINE BE FREE MUTHA FUCKAS!"
    </span>

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    all caps equal ban! now lets see, you have a '03 so you have a govener and a fuel cut off at tops of 125 @ about 4500 rpm. now if you had an earlier galant i.e. 99-01 you would have no govener, so doing 130 would be no prob.

Faction
    [quote=NYmagicstk]<span style='color:BLUE'>WHY WOULD ALL CAPS GET ON YOUR NERVES? IT'S JUST TYPE. SO, YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT BY ME TYPING THIS USELESS PARAGRAPH, I JUST PISSED IN YOUR CORNFLAKES? D-OH! I KEEP DOING IT!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!

ANYWAY, Lol. BACK TO THE TOPIC. JUST TO BE AN ADULT ON THE FORUM, "YOU SHOULDN'T BE DRIVING THAT FAST ANYWAY." BUT I GOT MINE UP TO 120 ON THE SPEEDOMETER I THINK I WAS GOING FASTER THAN THAT THOUGH (I HAVE AN O1 ES 4CYL), BUT JUST CAUSE THE NEEDLE STOPS THERE, DOESN'T MEAN SHIT TILL YOUR CAR GOVERNS ITSELF DOWN. I'M UNSURE AS TO WHETHER OUR CARS HAVE GOVERNORS THOUGH. I DISLIKE THE DAMN THINGS ANYWAY... "LET THE ENGINE BE FREE MUTHA FUCKAS!"
    </span>

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    here we go

just to inform you guys who are new to internet chat, typing in all caps is considered yelling, and is rude if there is no call for it. it is thus annoying to those of us that understand this convention. typing in all caps will potentially disuade those that want to help you from doing so, as most people do not react well to being yelled at and will tend not to want to read and respond to such written attacks. so go ahead and keep typing in all caps in order to get less answers to your posts while continuing to annoy those of us that can remove you.

NYmagicstk
    <span style='color:blue'> I know what typing in all caps means, I was just messin with the guy. Can't a guy have a lil fun @ 3am while he's at work?. Sheesh, y'all are a bunch of cryin men.</span>

Experienced TGC Member
    i thought top speed for the 8g was 123mph
    -Chris

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    thats where i topped at

NYmagicstk
    <span style='color:blue'>How were you two finding your exact speed? You got some sort of digital readout?</span>

it was 3am, i waso n I-95... straight road for miles here in Maine... punched it... kept peaking at my speedo.. it was at 123 when the fuel cut hit

Quote Originally Posted by Faction
    fucking search and stop using caps, its getting on my nerves!
    lol, I just found that funny because according to your signature you shouldn't really give a fuck how he was typing
    Holla ATCHA BOI!!!!!

^^^ hahahahahaHAHAHAHAH

Walrus2004
    if you have an 99-01 and you truely want to see what your exact top speed is..... find someone that has a cheap handheld GPS and that will give you an exact MPH read out. I took mine on a plane once and it read out 456 mph, lol, the things work great as spedometers!

MentalbassHead
    dont know what the top speed is but i pegged my speedo with and with out my 19s on and the needle was goin nuts it was fun

Experienced TGC Member
    Ok top speed is limited by the ECU at 128 to the dot. Now obviously the real speed will be +/- a few mph.

Now with the 99s (such as I have ), we have no computer capped top speed. Our top speed is gear limited, and drag limited (the later of which is what you'll experience long before the former).

I hit 133ish when I was playing catchup w/Peano and Titan.

Also, just to point out, the spedometer becomes increasingly more and more inaccurate the faster you go.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    [off topic] top speed of a 5spd 7g tranny with a speed limiterless ECU is 186mph. Now just have to have the power and a test course to get it there [/off topic]

I thought the 8g speedo only went up to 120? Andy any spedometer at that speed is not very accurate. Why were you guys going that fast on public roads anywho...
    7g for life!

my 94 GS came from the factory with a 5 speed, and the GS speedometer reads 150mph. I was in tennassee on this 10 mile long downhill stretch of I-75, and i got to redline in fifth gear(6300rpm's on the GS) and i was only going 134 mph. wouldn't that technically be the max speed. I know i could go faster, but i didn't want to risk floating a valve.
    (this was before i did the swaped out the 2.4l DOHC)

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yes, but the 7g 5spd tranny is geared to go 186mph, not its top speed, but gives a lot of possibilities. Ive seen 2g FWD guys hit 160+ on stock transmissions

PS I know sabzi has been 150-155 in his 4g63t 5spd 7g 8)
    7g for life!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast