The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Monster hood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26
    EGALANT01

Monster hood

Well a guy in town has the monster hood but asked me about installing it I said I would look at it for him. The hood lines up and everything just doesn't close all the way. The strut towers rub so I told him to take it to the shop to have done since I really didnt trust myself doing that. Well they notched it out and tried it on for him well now they needed to grind down the guides for the latch no biggie and it still didn't latch all the way so now the tie bar between the radiator supports rub and keep it from closing all the way the shop didn't wanna mess with it, but does anyone on here have the monster hood installed and if so do you have any pictures of the modifactions done to it to fit right? Thanks

TGC Regular
    only guy i know who has it is BILLET, might wanna shoot him a PM

Censee
    ive installed a monster hood,,,,,theres tons of shaving needed to be doine,,,,strut towers,,radiator cap,,, and a few more places that hood hits....

my oem hood hits places i cant realize!!!!! the strut area was cut, but i dunno where else... there are no markings anywhere else
    Diego

Can yall please stop talking about this. The more you talk about it the less I want mine and I already ordered and paid for it....uh...... for a friend.....

yeah a pic of a modified skeleton would be nice. I'm sure I'm gonna get some good use out of the dremel when it gets here.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

EGALANT01
    could you take some pictures of where its shaved and what not? Def would appreciate it. Thanks

Looking for some advice on shaving points.. I've already staved strut tower hood points and bottom latch guides. Also, would putting small wood piece at the hood latch help extend the length for it to latch?...or should i move the radiator latch higher more? Anyone have picture of their monster hood custom latch fittings
    Last edited by DrunKenG; 05-28-2012 at 01:56 PM

7 year resurrection, not bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Uh, the OP's profile has since been deleted, dude.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Why not just help him atleast he didnt create a new thread and everyone jumps on him with the "use the SEARCH button" at least he attempted to search...
    -Dirty South-

They See Me Rollin They Hating -Riding Dirty-
    Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    It dont smell or anything so F it.

Good point.

As for fitment issues, where exactly is the hood uneven? A reference pic will help out a lot.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

I was simply saying that was impressive, 7 years, and yes good on him for searching and not creating another thread for the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Experienced TGC Member
    Wow. Some OG members here. I bought an underglow kit from EGalant01. And Censee had a badass Galant. It was super clean.

Damn, Censee's gone? His car was dope, and I'm a relative newb.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

He still has his car just not on the boards. He on a dolphin front now.
    Last edited by 4g63lover; 05-28-2012 at 08:45 PM
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

He came back for a while a couple months back, IDK what's up with him now.

I can't believe you guys buy a bonnet labeled for your car and it doesn't fit without cutting and shaving, that bullsht I think, who sells them when they know ..
    Why not shave how it's needed then mold the inner skeleton and use that instead of mass producing something that doesn't fit
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by qcustoms View Post
    I can't believe you guys buy a bonnet labeled for your car and it doesn't fit without cutting and shaving, that bullsht I think, who sells them when they know ..
    Why not shave how it's needed then mold the inner skeleton and use that instead of mass producing something that doesn't fit
    yeah... 6 years later and it's still doesn't fit right...It forces someone's garage to be a car bodyshop...I ended up putting a spacer on the hood latch and raising the bottom catch abit higher (https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ter+hood+latch). I hope my neighbors don't complain to the HOA from all metal shaving noise i did that night.

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    we are lucky just to get the parts for the galant since its such a small market, If the company's who make these put money into R&D on the product we would never get anything made.

the "monster" hood was measured and molded off a JDM/worldspec hood. the USDM 8G has different suspension tower locations/dimensions than the JDM/worldspec version (the 8gvr4 front strut tower brace fits the USDM 7g but NOT the USDM 8g). further, mechanically, the 8g and the 3g eclipse are more closely related than the USDM 8g and the JDM/worldspec 8g... so we get many or our suspension/performance parts from that car. since the USDM 8G market is so small comparably, we make due w/ what is available. actually when this platform was launched 13 years ago, we really had struggles and had to have companies create parts for us and do the prototyping on our daily drivers. now there is an abundance of parts available making customizing this car much easier as far as sourcing parts. there are however companies that are either no longer in business or no longer make parts and so those have become very rare; it's all part of the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast