The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Monster hood

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    Still tho an inner skeleton modded to suit your cars inside would be a quick fix,rather buy the top skin and then produce your own inner
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qcustoms View Post
    Still tho an inner skeleton modded to suit your cars inside would be a quick fix,rather buy the top skin and then produce your own inner
    we can all wish that, but its time a money a company does not want to waste on a small market.

in a perfect world, the JDM/worldspec 8g would have meet US crash and emission standards and wouldn't have had to be a near complete redesign by mitsubishi motors north america (MMNA) to make the USDM 8g appropiate to the US market, and all of this would be rhetorical. as it happened, the JDM/worldspec 8g, although related in looks, is almost a completely different car than what we have. almost everything we take from the JDM/worldspec models has to be adapted to work on our cars. US companies however view it as basically the same car and are not motivated to make those changes for us (save a few very small companies that produce USDM fitting parts). the great majority of companies do not do further R&D if they can produce a part cheaply, there just is no appreciable additional benefit to the companies bottom line.

That's a shame ey but I understand, then I'd say you guys must be very gratefull for the ability to even have JDM parts to fit with slight mods then
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

That's a shame ey but I understand, then I'd say you guys must be very gratefull for the ability to even have JDM parts to fit with slight mods then
    it's the same story in reverse as well... jdm/worldspec owners have taken usdm parts and adapted them to their rides too; the silver lining of having different versions of this car is that it makes rides w/ parts and modifications that are not domestic to their market, unique.

I'm still riding with a raised hood gap. Was told to use hood pins, but I cannot push the hood down further to make it more flush. I must be missing a shaved corner somewhere. Any pics from anyone on their Monster hood shavings?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12