The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Better Flyweel

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Better Flyweel

Hey All I was doing some browsing and I came across an ad for an RPW Flywheel. I am pretty sure it was for the 4g64 engine. My question is this. I told a friend of mine who is a mechanic in training and he told me that I couldn't replace my flywheel. I was wondering if this is possible?
    [stolen]
    RPW Carbon Steel Flywheels
    RPW is looking to begin large scale manafacturing of carbon steel flywheels and send them over with a large package of extractors.

What these will be carbon steel billet flywheels which will be approx 8kg in total weight. These are designed as a anti shatter proof system and for use with exotic clutches.

We would also provide semi ceramic race style clutches (Still good for the road) at the same time at a discounted price.

This is a genuine offer by RPW and will be organised through Vision Imports.

As an approximate price - will be confirmed by Vision Imports

(A) 4G64 Carbon Steel Flywheels approx $350.00 US$
    ( 6G72 Carbon Steel Flywheels approx $400.00 US$
    © 4G64 Performance Clutch approx $300.00 US$
    (D) 6G72 Peformance Clutch approx $350.00 US$

These prices are approximate and will be confirmed by Vision Imports.

Please genuine enquiries only but remember - the more we make the cheaper they get especially on freight.

David THomas
    www.rpw.com.au[/stolen]
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

cdaw2001ES
    A flywheel is replaceable. Ours included, Not exactly a DIY though.
    Sounds as if it's designed for a manual, as long as it has the correct boltlocations for our T-Converters, it should work, However it would not gain you much by itself. It would be a good addition to a NA motor, with upgraded 10 to 1 (or higher) pistons, racing cams, racing crank and bearings,ecu..... Rpms upward of 9K's . If you don't plan on going that route. your stock fly is fine

Holy Rusted Metal Batman Where can I find such items. I am about to go get a Used head and maybe a block if I can get a good price and attempt to build a better motor. trying to piece together this puzzle you call Naturally aspirated.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

cdaw2001ES
    RPW is a good source for the cams, Tbody and more. JE Pistons (for the pistons) Busher racing custom ground and balanced crank, the stock DOHC heads from other Mitsu cars (rerworked a bit). lots o stuff from lots o diff places. To pump up an NA motor / you'd still be spending just as much as a turbo or Supercharger system. No cheap way around it.