The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Axle, wheel bearing, tie rods, etc????

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    Mindless

Axle, wheel bearing, tie rods, etc????

When I turn the steering wheel to the left or the right I get this loud creaking noise. Seems to be coming from the drivers side only. Anyone have a guess as to what it is?

Ball joint or tie rods.

I had a similar noise and it was the ball joint. My buddy had the same noise and it was the tie rod.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    its either the ball joint on the lower control arm or the curved upper arm. Most likely it the outer tie rod end, if you gonna change em let me know.
    I got a brand new lower control arm and a brand new pair of inner and outer tie rod ends sitting in the garage.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Mindless
    How do I narrow down what it is? I jacked the car up tonight and tried to find the noise but I couldn't.

The car also pulls really hard to one side or the other? Does that indicate a specific problem?

Next time you jack up the car take off the wheel and inspect the boots on the ball joints, give a slight tug on the control arm to see if there is any play. If the boots are busted, have leaked out grease, or are smushed to oblivion, it should be replaced. Take it from me and do both at the same time to prevent nerve recking problems

Mindless
    Yeah I had the wheel off and checked the upper and lower control arm boots. The did seem a bit brittle.

Then i suggest that you change em.

this is what you can do to minimize the questions..

1. Jack up the car
    2. Grab the rim and move it back-and-forward(left to right) With the wheel STILL on the car.
    3. if the is ANY type of play with the wheel, have someone look under the car, WHILE your moving the wheel. this way you can pin-point which part has any play.

hope this helps

Mindless
    Quote Originally Posted by Ositoyb
    this is what you can do to minimize the questions..

1. Jack up the car
    2. Grab the rim and move it back-and-forward(left to right) With the wheel STILL on the car.
    3. if the is ANY type of play with the wheel, have someone look under the car, WHILE your moving the wheel. this way you can pin-point which part has any play.

hope this helps
    Yeah I already did that but thanks man. This is really pissing me off. My car sounds like ass. Exhaust leak + unidentifiable creaking = embarassing.

same thing here, did a shake down test and going to replace both front and rear suspension and going with eilbach struts with lower springs while im at it. just to be sure