The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G Rear Drum to Disk (4 lug to 5 lug)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 44
    You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    excellent write up

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    sweet dude, thanks for all your help. i'm gonna swing by the dealership today and see what they got....
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    go ahead and do the 5 lug swap...
    you know you want too...
    think of all the big brake options you'll have..
    rotors...
    bear
    willwood

and all the wheel options...
    the market is flooded with options for 2gen eclipse.

how can you upgrade to big brakes safely? just my 2discs/2drums lock up if i press the brakes hard enough........bigger brakes would just lock sooner. it would help if i didn't have puny 17x7s.....but i'm already rubbing in the rear thanks to the sagging eibachs A:RLKJG:LKAYWEP$89uq2;3lk4j

1994 Galant GS 5spd

does your g have the abs? i know it wasn't standard for all g's... i rarely lock mine up.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice
    does your g have the abs? i know it wasn't standard for all g's... i rarely lock mine up.
    no, and that's probably why mine lock up. but if they're locking up all the time....that means the abs is doing it's job on your car....which means big brakes will just have to get let up even more....make sense?

then again i could be completely missing something.....7" wide wheels are pretty slim IMO

1994 Galant GS 5spd

doe the thin metal dust sheild on the backing plate come off? i got a rear disc/5lug set up yesterday but the dust sheild is rotted and i want to replace it
    parting out my 7g project. 1g turbo head with gs cam gears, talon tsi front and rear brakes/5lug conversion. xtc 2g fwd clutch and pressure plate. complete 7g 5spped swap. jdm e54a headlights stock 97 tails, interior trim pieces. [email protected]
    http://www.thegalantcenter.net/forum...211#post477211

For the front do I need the front 5lug hub assembly from a 2g eclipse aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by E_Alexis
    For the front do I need the front 5lug hub assembly from a 2g eclipse aswell?
    If you convert the front to 5 lug, you need the rotors and hubs from an eclipse gst or a gs

word on the street is, if you wanna stay 4 lug you use all the eclipse parts minus the hubs. and you keep the 4 lug setup. then just by 94' GS rotors or 6G-VR4 rears and you good to go

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

thistutorial is mainly for the rear drum to disk swap.
    I put (4 lug to 5 lug) in parenthesis, because while you're doing the brake swap you can (if you wanted to) do the 5 lug swap as well.

if you chose to stay 4 lug, then yes, buy Rotors 4 lug rotors for a Galant , but i'm not sure what year is compatable.

The only advantage (and MY main reason) of going 5 lug over 4 lug, is the after market support of the Eclipse. As my project gets more elaborate it'll be easier to find upgrade parts for 5 lug (eclipse) rather than try to find a manufacturer to make a part for 4 lug (Galant).

there are other advantages, but again they only prove to be pertinent in extreme performance upgrade situations

2. Rear Disk Backing Plate and emergency break system; The emergency break system has been referred to as "drum in disk" in other posts. If you buy all the parts brand new from the dealer, (like i did) then you'll have to put this system together. I've never done anything like this before, so it took me about an hour to assemble the first one, and then 25 min to do the second.

================================================== ================================================== =

Ok, before I continue, in the chance that there are any of you reading this whom remember my more frequent presence a few years ago, hello and I am back to working on the G, as well as the GSX, so I might become a regular member once again =)

I have a question to either Blue ice or who ever knows the answer to this question. What should I be searching for in the Rear Disk Backing Plate and emergency break system. I have done searches for Backing Plate, emergency brake system, dust shield, etc, and I am unable to come up with any good results. So, as I said before, what should I be searching for, and what is this system made up of? Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Kwikfox; 08-13-2011 at 07:34 PM
    A ricer is someone who believes that lights, stickers, useless parts, stupid driving and any other abnormal or dangerous driving habits help them in their need for speed or attention.

Does it have to be from a GST???
    Last edited by master_visionary; 10-17-2011 at 11:37 PM
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

some gs have the rear discs, but the brakes from gsx do no fit unless you get the spindles and the hubs too
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Thanks

Me I'm a lil of both

i got one for sale. pm me if interested

Build Thread

Its Aite unless you gone sell super low there's one here at the yard and dohc heads for 40 from a 1g

Me I'm a lil of both

Is it possible to stay 4 lug and go disc? I would use gs spindles right?
    Boost, its whats for dinner

no, spindles are the same for all 7g. Hubs are the same too.

Yes you can stay 4 lug and use 94 GS rear rotors.

All you need is the backing plates, calipers+caliper bracket and lines.

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    All 7Gs with rear disc are the exact same and the 2g eclipses use the same calipers.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast